#1
Hey guys,

There doesn't seem to be a proper GORM DIY pedalboard thread on this particular forum so here it is...

Feel free to post pics of your GORM but remember, not everyone is fortunate enough to live near an Ikea so respect the GORMless.

I made this official membership card (despite it being pretty bad but whatever...) so you can print it out or whatever if you like.

I haven't got my camera with me right now so I don't have pics of mine.
Attachments:
13899583934_87b302f81c_n.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Two Piece band's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TerrorpinBand


I just like to imagine that my neighbors enjoy their free, nightly concerts.
Last edited by Pacifica Ocean at Apr 16, 2014,
#2
Whats a GORM? I wanna join this club.
Wayne's World! Party Time! Excellent!
Party on Wayne. Party on Garth

Schecter Platinum C-1 Floyd Rose

Quote by Lord_Doku
Friendship and masturbation go a long way towards happiness. Until you have sex, then it's friendship and sex. And an empty wallet.
#3
Quote by iRoseAgainst
Whats a GORM? I wanna join this club.


It's not a real club but more something made up by GORM owners.

Anyway, GORM is a shelving set from Ikea which just happens to work extremely well for pedalboards. You can find instructions online. They're a great cheap option for DIY pedalboards.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Two Piece band's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TerrorpinBand


I just like to imagine that my neighbors enjoy their free, nightly concerts.
#4
Here's my GORM build:

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd share my recent pedalboard build. I used the GORM shelving pack from Ikea.

It comes with two boards so I selected the one that was the least bashed (soft wood) and sawed a rung off the other for the riser





After this, I used a right angle bracket to secure the board to the riser. I made a mistake here though. I didn't think about the nail that was holding the rung in, and accidentally drilled across it, cracking the wood a bit. The structure seems sound still though and it's not very noticeable.

After this I gave it a good sanding with some finer grit paper and it was ready for painting!



It took about 6 coats to get a decent colour however the effort was worth it. This is the board after about the third coat:



After all was dry it was finally time to get to the power source/velcro. I attached the powersource via both velcro and cable ties (they're in a chain because they were too small made the best of a bad purchase)



Then I attached the velcro and it was done! Here's a pic of it completed with its brethren:



Not bad for $30 and a day's work!
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.