This is a song i started working on back in december, hence the name. i just picked it up again and wanted to finish it off. i only need a few things to go like a solo, bridge, and adding some progression to the sections in the song. like playing the first few bars of a section unharmonized then let it come in harmonized with the second half of it and other finishing touches.
Anyway the transition im having trouble with is at bar 37, what i have there now is basically like a rough version of what im trying to go for, i just cant seem to come up with anything that truly brings the 2 riffs together. im sure someone here can see what im going for and i would appreciate any help or ideas anyone has.
Attachments:
DECEMBERr4.gp5
Last edited by HailExecution at Apr 16, 2014,
That is indeed a very rough version being that it's only one note. All I can guess is that you want that Bb chord to be the last thing played, so iunno, divebomb it? Maybe write a rhythm that mimics or sits nicely with the drum fill. Maybe write a quick lead lick over the top? Perhaps starting from the Bb, go down chromatically, that usually works well for transitions. Experiment with different ideas, rhythms and melodies.
hi i made something , maybe it will give u some or ideas or u like it the way it is

problem is , its gpx and my gpx doesnt support exporting to gp5 , so if someone else could do this ?

added a midi also
Attachments:
DECEMBERr4.gpx
DECEMBERr4.mid
Quote by MobiuZ
hi i made something , maybe it will give u some or ideas or u like it the way it is

problem is , its gpx and my gpx doesnt support exporting to gp5 , so if someone else could do this ?

added a midi also

i checked out the midi, i like what you did there, i dont have the .gp though so i cant see exactly what you did (sounds like ovtave chords though) but i love the way guitar comes back in the second half of the measure, i tried something similar in that way, this is what i came up with. idk about it.. i also tried to go for what jim reccomended with trying to get something that sat nicely on the fill. and the only way i felt i could do that was by bringing in 16th notes over the snare. anyway this is what i came up with.

edit: after messing with it for awhile, i finally thought about using the transition i used originally to enter the new riff. i didnt think of it before because the riffs that lead into the riff in question are different, but i tried it anyway and it seemed to work out. im content with the result and i think im going to keep the transition thats in "DECEMBERv5"
Attachments:
DECEMBERr4.gp5
DECEMBERv5.gp5
Last edited by HailExecution at Apr 17, 2014,