I hooked my Pod HD up to my pc via the USB plug it came with, and while I can hear my guitar - There is a constant static in the background. It won't change no matter what I do. Different cables. Different guitars. Moved the amp. Moved the Pod...

Does anyone know how to fix this? It's driving me up the wall.
Look at your other thread, I gave a possible solution there.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I've tried that. It happened out of the box on day one and does it across multiple computers/amps/guitars. All the contacts have been thoroughly cleaned. It produces a steady static that stays the same volume whether the amp is low volume or high. It happens in 'Effects returns' or 'input'.

It happened with my last 2 Pod devices as well. I figured there was some supersecret setting I just need to find because it seems no one else has this issue.
Is it just noise? Have you tried putting a noise suppressor or hard gate in your patch?
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Laptop or Desktop?

Some laptop power supplies will do that.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by TheStig1214
Is it just noise? Have you tried putting a noise suppressor or hard gate in your patch?

It is just 'noise' but its not controllable at all. It is exactly the same if my volume is at 1 or if it is at 10.

It is a desktop computer.
I remember way back I had a Pod XT that would do that randomly. Can't remember if there was a solution because I didn't really use it with a computer anyway.
Get an interface and send the signal to your computer through the regular line outs. The USB i/o on the PODs ****ing sucks.
Quote by pinheadslts75
Get an interface and send the signal to your computer through the regular line outs. The USB i/o on the PODs ****ing sucks.

The problem is I need the pod plugged in so I can use the HDEdit program.

In reality I'll probably just sell this and get something simpler. since POD 2.0 they have overcomplicated things for casual users. Its an amazing device with extreme possibility but I don't have the patience.