My son and I have been in the habit of keeping our guitars in cases in the closet or on stands.

The stands we have suck outright....el cheapo models that were better than nothing, but very prone to being bumped and tipping.

His room is fairly tight quarters despite the repeated offers to move him into a larger bedroom. "Nope....this is my room....I'm staying put". I wanted to help him make the best of things.

There may be a better mousetrap out there....but these Hercules hangers are really impressive. Self leveling and they lock the guitar in place.

Hopefully the mechanism will hold up over time.
Attachments:
GGzw7vT.jpg
2014 Gibson SG Special
Peavey Classic 30
Squier Standard Stratocaster HSS
Fender CD60CE
Fender v2 Mustang III
Roland Micro Cube
MXR M75
Last edited by DubfromGA at Apr 16, 2014,
Easy to install after finding a stud.
Attachments:
hhoH2Ck.jpg
2014 Gibson SG Special
Peavey Classic 30
Fender CD60CE
Fender v2 Mustang III
Roland Micro Cube
MXR M75
His guitar should be much safer here than the stand.

It is certainly more accessible and located directly over his amp.....he can be plugged in and playing in pretty quick order.

Guitar looks kinda lonely up there, though.
Attachments:
OgNJEri.jpg
2014 Gibson SG Special
Peavey Classic 30
Fender CD60CE
Fender v2 Mustang III
Roland Micro Cube
MXR M75
Lonely no longer.

I still need a stand to use as my guitars stay in their cases in a closet. We'll be going in for a lesson tomorrow....I'm going to pick up a Hercules stand if they have one. I'm really liking the security and ease of use these provide.
Attachments:
hgVFN9W.jpg
2014 Gibson SG Special
Peavey Classic 30
Fender CD60CE
Fender v2 Mustang III
Roland Micro Cube
MXR M75
I was expecting this thread to suck. It turned out to be a fun little adventure. +1
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by ibanezguitars44
I was expecting this thread to suck. It turned out to be a fun little adventure. +1

Same here. Gotta love dub's enthusiasm, makes me wanna buy a wall hanger.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
lol......enthusiasm is all I have at this point.

My playing abilities are sucking mightily.....but I'm going to get there one day. I hope to be rocking the old folks home hard with some fast fretwork.....providing my hands aren't riddled up with arthritis.

Nope...I was hating the cramped quarters and seeing his gear almost get damaged from being tipped over.
2014 Gibson SG Special
Peavey Classic 30
Fender CD60CE
Fender v2 Mustang III
Roland Micro Cube
MXR M75
Cool. I have 3 of them, they work very well. Had them for years, made it through a few earthquakes.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Lil off topic, but you should get a looper. It'll help build skills much faster (not that patience isn't essential). As an example, you can loop the louie louie riff, then practice using/learning scales over top. Its a much more amusing and effective way to practice. It'll accelerate learning skills.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by thetinysurvivor
For your acoustic consider this especially if you are hanging it on a wall http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Waves-Acoustic-Guitar-Humidifier/dp/B0002D0COE

Interesting. I may have to give one of those a try. Thanks.

Quote by lucky1978
Lil off topic, but you should get a looper. It'll help build skills much faster (not that patience isn't essential). As an example, you can loop the louie louie riff, then practice using/learning scales over top. Its a much more amusing and effective way to practice. It'll accelerate learning skills.

Thanks for the suggestion. That does sound like it'd be more fun.
2014 Gibson SG Special
Peavey Classic 30
Fender CD60CE
Fender v2 Mustang III
Roland Micro Cube
MXR M75
Makes me happy to see you so excited about your son's playing. Wish my dad showed some support of anything I did.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Thanks, NJBB.

I'm trying hard to find common interests. I can remember being his age and I know for certain that without a doubt he's entering into some of the most difficult years he's faced or likely to face. Teenage years can be rough.

Well....I couldn't stand it and had to buy one of their stands for my own use tonight. GS414B.

Thing is everything I needed in a stand.

I may only know 2 cords thus far......but I know good stands and hangers when I see them.
Attachments:
uco37De.jpg
2014 Gibson SG Special
Peavey Classic 30
Fender CD60CE
Fender v2 Mustang III
Roland Micro Cube
MXR M75
Last edited by DubfromGA at Apr 18, 2014,
Looking forward to good use from this thing.
Attachments:
Pjq6nta.jpg
2014 Gibson SG Special
Peavey Classic 30
Fender CD60CE
Fender v2 Mustang III
Roland Micro Cube
MXR M75
I have a single guitar Hercules stand just like that one (a certain late feline liked to scratch the padding on it) and a 5-guitar Hercules stand. Despite only owning two electric guitars...

Good choice.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2