So I recently adjusted the bridge height to make it even with the guitar body since it was off before that. However, after making it even, and tuning to pitch, I noticed that I can no longer adjust the action on the higher strings. Even when I use an allen wrench to adjust the screw that changes the bridge height, nothing happens at all and the high strings do not change height at all. However, the screw to adjust the lower strings' height does not have that problem.

I should note that before this, I blocked off the floating trem, but I have now recently removed the blocks that were blocking the trem and decided to switch back to the floating system. What could have caused the problem? Thanks.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
I should also note that the trem seems to be worn out. No matter what I do, it seems that I can't keep the trem in tune, even with light use. Is a replacement necessary?
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
Iirc, Edge III's aren't the best quality. Go to your local guitar shop and ask for a Floyd Rose that fits an Edge III slot but is better quality.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Iirc, Edge III's aren't the best quality. Go to your local guitar shop and ask for a Floyd Rose that fits an Edge III slot but is better quality.

Would replacing the whole trem fix this problem?

Also my budget is pretty tight. Any thoughts on a replacement floyd like this one?

http://www.guitarfetish.com/NEW-BLACK-Super-Heavy-Duty-Floyd-Rose-trem-BRASS-STEEL_p_510.html
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
Keep adjusting. Action on the Edge III changes very slightly with each turn.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Quote by Archer250
Keep adjusting. Action on the Edge III changes very slightly with each turn.

I have adjusted the screw all the way to the top, the bridge did not change height at all. As I mentioned, there is no problem on the left side of the bridge, which is responsible for the lower string's heights. It's just the right side with the higher strings that do not move at all. Any thoughts?
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
Quote by 350EX
I have adjusted the screw all the way to the top, the bridge did not change height at all. As I mentioned, there is no problem on the left side of the bridge, which is responsible for the lower string's heights. It's just the right side with the higher strings that do not move at all. Any thoughts?

Strange... maybe the knife edge isn't pinned where it should be. But can we see photos?
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Are you sure you have it set up correctly? From your description it might not be but I can't really tell without pictures. I was having trouble with my Edge 3 a year or two ago and posted here and someone shared these pics with me. This is how it should look properly set up. Hope it helps

Quote by TJHague
Are you sure you have it set up correctly? From your description it might not be but I can't really tell without pictures. I was having trouble with my Edge 3 a year or two ago and posted here and someone shared these pics with me. This is how it should look properly set up. Hope it helps

Yes, my bridge level is parallel to the body. Sorry, how do I upload pictures? I don't use this site much and whenever I try to upload through attachments, it tells me the file size is too big. The best I can describe it is that, the screws on the left which adjust the bridge height on the left side work fine, but no matter how much I screw the right side, the right side height of the bridge does not move at all, even though the screw now is at a much higher level than the left side screw. Hope this helps.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
Quote by 350EX
Would replacing the whole trem fix this problem?

No. Not unless the Edge III is visibly wearing out. Your setup is probably off.

Also my budget is pretty tight. Any thoughts on a replacement floyd like this one?

http://www.guitarfetish.com/NEW-BLACK-Super-Heavy-Duty-Floyd-Rose-trem-BRASS-STEEL_p_510.html

I wouldn't buy a cheaper Floyd Rose like that. It'll just wear out quickly too.

Just follow the setup guide in this thread:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226

There's Edge III specific instructions in there, iirc.
Okay... try removing the springs to remove the trem and placing it back in, and make sure the knife edge is placed into the stud's grooves properly.
Gear:
At the risk of repeating Archer250 -- MAKE SURE THE KNIFE EDGE IS PLACED PROPERLY INTO THE STUD"S GROOVES on the side that doesn't seem to be moving.
Quote by Archer250
Okay... try removing the springs to remove the trem and placing it back in, and make sure the knife edge is placed into the stud's grooves properly.

Do I just remove the springs to remove the trem? I've never done it before D:
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
The Ibanez Edge Pro will drop in on the Edge III studs/route. I would highly suggest not even trying to bother or deal with dropping in a Floyd Rose variant.

Is it a guitar you particularly love? If it's a bog standard RG3** or even RG4** it'd be much wiser to just keep an eye out for a newer RG with an Edge Zero II, or an older RG5**. They can sometimes be found for very good prices.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
The Ibanez Edge Pro will drop in on the Edge III studs/route. I would highly suggest not even trying to bother or deal with dropping in a Floyd Rose variant.

Is it a guitar you particularly love? If it's a bog standard RG3** or even RG4** it'd be much wiser to just keep an eye out for a newer RG with an Edge Zero II, or an older RG5**. They can sometimes be found for very good prices.

If it has an Edge III on it, I don't recommend buying an Edge Pro to drop in it. You'll end up with a sub-par-to-mediocre guitar with a high-end bridge.
Gear:
Knife edges are probably damaged from adjusting the bridge height under tension. You might get it to behave normally for a while by putting chapstick on the knife edges, but in the long run the only proper fix is replacing the bridge.

If you like the guitar itself, an original Edge is a drop-in replacement.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.