Yes.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
It has been around for a while, and a few guitarists - Steve Vai in particular - swears by these freaky frets. The drawback is that the are a proprietary technology, so you either have to buy a neck from the company, as re-fretting an existing neck with those frets is difficult, if not impossible (the fret slots will not line up, so you would have to fill the slots with something and then have the crooked fret slots cut into the fretboard), or have one custom made. As I recall, the necks sold by that company are on the expensive side.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Last edited by FatalGear41 at Apr 19, 2014,
Yes.

Although they're very, very impractical and still don't fully solve the problem.

When a string vibrates, tension is acted on the string which causes its tuning to fluctuate rapidly. The harder the string is plucked, the greater the effect. No amount of 'true temperament' can resolve that- the quirk is inherent to the way that vibrating strings produce sound. Therefore it's physically impossible for any stringed instrument to perfectly intonate.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 18, 2014,
I fist saw these on .strandberg* guitars. Seems interesting, but I wouldn't buy into it. Fanned frets is a weird as I would get.

Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Personally, I like the guitar just as it is.

But I must say that, as there are a few well respected players who are using it, it has to have some merit to it.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
my comment is that few players are good enuogh to feel like they need this. it would take a lifetime of playing and a wicked good ear to pickup a perfectly setup regular guitar and thing its not good enough.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)