Thought i would post this ZZ TOP cover of Blue Jean Blues that i recorded last year using Reaper and my Washburn LD10 into Overloud TH2.

I did not try to recreate Billy Gibbons guitar parts note-for-note but instead just improvised over the backing but i think it sounds pretty good.

Soundcloud Link: Blue Jean Blues
Jackson Pro Dinky
Peavey Valveking 50 w/ Eminence Texas Heat speaker
Peavey 1x12 extension cab
Dunlop 535Q Wah
TC Electronic Hypergravity Compressor
Wampler Pinnacle Distortion
Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe (v2)
Fulltone OCD
EHX Bad Stone Phaser
EHX Pitchfork w/ Expression Pedal
Wampler Faux Tape Echo
TC Electronic HOF Reverb
TC Electronic Ditto Looper
Last edited by soulgrenade at Apr 17, 2014,
Listening to this made me want to hear Claptons live version of the song Double Trouble , off the Just one Night album .Same thing ,a slow blues in a minor key with a clean lead guitar .
I liked the Spanish sounding riff at about 2:45 going back into regular blues motif ,that's always good ,Gilmour does that a lot .I cant complain about your playing too much . I would have liked to have heard you dig in and pick the string hard once in awhile and try to evoke some emotion .Think of something that pisses you off or makes you sad ,of loss ,of being treated unfair while you play ,...while you play blues .I think it helps and its why the blues players sound that way . Aside from my zen philosophy of blues the guitar was a little dead sounding . I felt it needed less compression ,or more high end ,or something . It was dry too just a touch of verb or delay .Nothing wrong w/ your playing but I think you need a little more passion .regards and respect .
I intended for the track to be mellow and subdued. I'll post some of my other blues stuff that is perhaps more to your liking in the near future.
Jackson Pro Dinky
Peavey Valveking 50 w/ Eminence Texas Heat speaker
Peavey 1x12 extension cab
Dunlop 535Q Wah
TC Electronic Hypergravity Compressor
Wampler Pinnacle Distortion
Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe (v2)
Fulltone OCD
EHX Bad Stone Phaser
EHX Pitchfork w/ Expression Pedal
Wampler Faux Tape Echo
TC Electronic HOF Reverb