hi guys, I am about to get this amp in a trade and wanted to know if people have had any experiences with it good or bad?

the sound samples and youtube videos dont really give you much to go on and there is little to no info on forums that ive seen.

any info is welcome
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

My band: www.facebook.com/deifieduk
(actually called Deified)
Was it really necessary to start another thread about this?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
+1

I didn't see any other treads I just popped into this one to say this...

Tim Mahoney of 311 used to use Diamond amps and I think the Spec Op is one of them. Now I think he is back to Rectos and a mix of shit. I'm not sure I'd trade away your 5153 for one TBH. You'd have to really sit down and do an ABY or spend some time with Spec Op to know for sure. I doubt anyone here is going to be able to help you make a solid decision. Like Derek said I think, the 5153 will probably hold its value longer. It is already iconic basically.

What is it about the 5153 tone that you want to move away from? What is it about the Spec Op that intrigues you?
what do you want different? or just flat out a new amp?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
You ditch your 5150 III and your username will be even less relevant.

DON'T MAKE YOUR USERNAME LESS RELEVANT!

Yes, I'm slightly intoxicated.

TLDR Please keep your 5150. If you are struggling to get a great tone from it, we may be able to assist you or each other.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by trashedlostfdup
what do you want different? or just flat out a new amp?

i am reposing. what do you want better? your amp wins as far as features go, yours you know is good. you haven't mentioned problems. if most everybody has never seen one, isn't that a clue?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
if most everybody has never seen one, isn't that a clue?
+1

As a lurker of UG and SS.org, I don't think I've ever seen a "NGD Diamond!" thread. That doesn't really speak to the quality of the gear, but it doesn't really seem like something people are tripping over each other to get. When the 5150 III 50 watts came out, it seems shops could not stock them long enough to do a video demo for their youtube channel. I think you're better off with the 5150 III, and if you still want to get something else instead of it, you may be able to do better than a Diamond.

So, what do you want? What is the stupidly versatile 5150 III not providing you with that you desperately want?
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2