I originally had made myself a pedal board that had 2 tiers on it, this way I could access the pedals in the second row. It worked nicely, but eventually I outgrew it so I decided to make a pedal train style board this time around. I built a board to the specs of a PT-2.

The problem I'm now having is that whenever I step on a pedal in the back row, my foot turns one of the knobs on a pedal in the front row. I ended up having to offset my pedals which greatly cut down on the amount I can fit on the board. So how do so many people deal with this issue? I see these types of boards everywhere and no one offsets their pedals. And yes, I have the board at an angle.
Yeah, this is pretty difficult to overcome. You'd have to space the pedals out strategically so that you won't touch any knobs on the bottom row. Your other option would be to buy a riser for pedaltrain boards so that you can raise certain pedals.
Marshall 50 Watt Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
Pedal riser or adjust your stomping technique
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
idk. Don't stomp flat footed, angle your foot so you only hit the switch.

I use Gator boards which are angled like Pedaltrains. I imagine they're pretty similar.

You just learn how to do it over time I guess.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Yeah this is a common problem, but I tend to just arrange it so things like dirt or anything with tap tempo are on the near row and then things like reverb that don't tend to get stomped mid-song are on the far row.
I've attached walking stick feet to raise my PT-3 to a bit of a steeper incline. That, together with using only the very front of my foot to turn on a pedal, helps me to avoid altering any control parameters or switching on anything unintentionally. My board has every pedal tightly packed, and I've only had accidental switching on one occasion while in the heat of the moment.

EDIT: As the above poster said, pedal arrangement helps, too. Generally you'll want to keep your most used (switching on and off frequently) pedals at the front, and always-on or infrequently used pedals nearer the back.
Last edited by juckfush at Apr 18, 2014,
Seems like a pain, I'm just gonna build another 2 level board and stomp away without having to be so careful lol. Thanks for the replies though.
Use your heel
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Just practice at it.

And/Or do something like this:

http://pedaltrain.com/products/accessories/booster.php

You don't necessarily need to use one of the pedaltrain risers (They are calling them boosters, but whatever).
I've used pieces of 2x4's to accomplish the same thing.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Apr 19, 2014,