When using my digitech whammy DT, when I turn it off the tone just goes out the window, sounds absolutely lifeless. I cant just leave the pedal on either, especially if its on a harmony mode.

What can I do to solve this one?

ITs not in a chain either it was just by itself when i was jamming at home
get a looper pedal. basically four TRS jacks

guitar>loop out > whammy> loop in> output >amp

you can find a schematic in probably two minutes,and it will cost probably $10 $15? most expenisve is the enclosurer and the switch.

10 minutes later you will be good to go.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
get a looper pedal. basically four TRS jacks

guitar>loop out > whammy> loop in> output >amp

you can find a schematic in probably two minutes,and it will cost probably $10 $15? most expenisve is the enclosurer and the switch.

10 minutes later you will be good to go.

I think there is one for my peavey bandit, but I never really used it. How exactly does it work?
Quote by Bowkore
I think there is one for my peavey bandit, but I never really used it. How exactly does it work?

a "bypass pedal" bypasses part of your pedals. while the bypass mode is engaged, the signal from the direct guitar will go dirrectly to the amp.

step on the switch and you change a flow of the signal goes direct guitar into the box TROUGH the "loop" which you put whatever pedal you want it to have in the loop, when done step down again on the pedal and it sounds like nothing is there.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
another thing, the way i showed you is passive, so it doesn't need any power.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Ok ill just have to figure out how it all works with my bandit, since it has a channel change/loop switch which all gets plugged into the back of the amp
Quote by Bowkore
Ok ill just have to figure out how it all works with my bandit, since it has a channel change/loop switch which all gets plugged into the back of the amp

i think one of us is missing something.

what i posted is to either turn off effects or signal chain, or pass through to the amp.

some amps have an effects loop that basically does the samething, but that is after the pre and before the power amp.

the loop i am talking about could be placed ANYWHERE you want it. i f the whammy is making the noise, this is how you bypass it. this would be in the front of the amp.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i think one of us is missing something.

what i posted is to either turn off effects or signal chain, or pass through to the amp.

some amps have an effects loop that basically does the samething, but that is after the pre and before the power amp.

the loop i am talking about could be placed ANYWHERE you want it. i f the whammy is making the noise, this is how you bypass it. this would be in the front of the amp.

yeah the one im on about is actually in built into my amp and the leads go into the back of it. I used it before ages ago now I've just got to figure it out again
Quote by Bowkore
yeah the one im on about is actually in built into my amp and the leads go into the back of it. I used it before ages ago now I've just got to figure it out again

the effects out (send) your preramp signa; through your gear and on the way back has the return.

i don't use them, but aren't whammys better out front??? to a degree its taste. if you want it in the effects loop (in amp)
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Just so you know, you can switch the bypass type on the whammy dt; either true bypass or DSP bypass. So you may have it on dsp as opposed to true.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.