Hey,
I want to buy a new amp to replace the old one i have. I tried the Blackstar ID TVP series, and I really liked it. But i don't know if i should buy the 15w or 30w version. It's only for me, It's not for playing live.

Do you have any opinion about these amps ?
Whichever one is the cheapest that has a 12" speaker.

Have you tried a Peavey Vypyr VIP-2?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The 30W is going to have more headroom and be louder in general. For home use 30W is about as much as you need.

Blackstars kind of get a bad rep, they're alright but you might be better off getting a real tube amp for that price like a Vypyr. The TVP (true valve power) is solid state with "tube response". I have no idea what that means but it sounds gimmicky because there are no actual tubes at all.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
This Peavey is interesting. I really loved the Blackstar, but i will try it too. But there is no tube in it ? The TVP is great in my opinion, it's the best digital amp I tried so far.
Why do you love the Blackstar?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I don't know. I tried a Fender digital amp, it was OK, and then I tried this one, it was really better. It's easy to get a good tone, effects are cool, and with an OverDrive, i think it wil be really cool.
Try everything you can get your hands on in your price range before you make a decision/settle.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I just bought Peavey classic 30 all valve amp,Got it cheap.I cranked it in the store and it was waay louder than i need.I'd go 15w for home use.
The classic 30 is too expensive for me. But the 15w i'm talking about is a digital amp. the "True Valve Power" function is very loud and powerful, but it's still a digital amp
I personally tend to think 15w amps don't sound as good. They just don't have enough headroom to get a good tone, imho.
It;s nice to have the headroom of a 30W. Plus, considering it's a solid state amp, the more wattage the better. Tube wattage is different than SS wattage. The old (and possibly incorrect) rule of thumb is that every 4 solid state watts is the equivalent of 1 tube watt in terms of volume.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Yes but this amp is louder than the other solid states i tried. I think too that 30w will sound better
I have not tried that particular Blackstar, but I've found their others to be passable at best, excluding the Series One.

The Peavey Vypyr is by far my favorite of the SS amps. If you can find a used Vypyr Tube (about $250), that would be by far your best option.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
With a decent speaker, 1 watt is probably plenty for home use. The difference between 15 and 30 watts is only 3db (not very much). I tend to ignore power ratings mostly and choose amps that have a sound and character that reflects my playing style well.

"Watt ratings sell amps in a music store, great guitar tone sells records."- unknown
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I personally tend to think 15w amps don't sound as good. They just don't have enough headroom to get a good tone, imho.
Not everybody wants or needs headroom. Headroom and tone are not synonyms.

Get the Classic 30, TS.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
offworld has a good answer. for home use, i would really recommend an amp with a headphone out. if not, they are means of getting that type of rig even with a non headphone amp. but im the kinda guy that thinks for a home use only amp, your going to want to play silently at SOMEPOINT.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
And what about the amps styles ? I loved the blackstar because I can get a blues tone, a sweet clean (Dire Straits style), and a hard rock/metal tone from the same amp. It's polyvalent, is it the same for the Peavey Vypyr ?
Hey Tim, I have limited guitar skills and have owned these ss amps:

Orange 35ldx

Fender Frontman 212r

Frontman 25r

Roland Cube 60

The Roland amp really sounds good to me and I use it the most. I sold my Marshall Class 5 tube amp after getting it. I still have a couple small tube amps and the only other ss amp I still have is the Orange (would not recommend it, I just haven't sold it yet)

The Roland I found used for a hundred bucks. I actually messed up my first one and kept it as a 1x12 cab.

My point is, try as many as you can. If you buy used, you usually will not loose much if you want to change. I feel I am ahead of the game buying and selling off of Craigs List.