hey ho community,

i have a weird buzzing problem. since today my amp buzzes like if it is recieving some signal.

it is not the 50hz/60hz buzz/hum
it is there all the time, but only if a guitar is plugged in.

i have tried different guitars, different cables, rooms in the house no matter what, it is there.

now the funny thing i noticed. if i hold my guitar at a certain angle to the amp the buzzing dissapears almost completely. it doesn´t matter if i´m standing right in front of it, behind it, besides it. if i am holding my guitar in the right angle to the amp the buzz is gone.

someones got an idea where this can come from?
Do your guitars have single coil pickups?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Feedback?
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Quote by Spambot_2
Do your guitars have single coil pickups?
This was my first thought too. However, even with humbuckers you can pick up EMR noise from the amp. There's a lot of current running around in there that emits quite a lot of radiation. It's pretty normal to find a spot and angle that will show it up.
Single coils will make it a lot worse but humbuckers won't totally cure it, you just have to learn to live with it.
"Doctor, it hurts when I do this."
"Don't do that."
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
could it be a bad solder cause a wire to short in the guitar at it maybe only touches at that position?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Sounds like an amp issue if youve used different cords and guitars. When u unplug it theres no signal being amplified and when you plug it in theres a little from the pick ups by themselves. And your amp might have gone alittle funky somewhere. I have no idea about that angle? Learn to play in that angle. lol
i only use humbuckers. i also have guitars with active and passive humbuckers which makes absolutely no difference for the buzz.

maybe i should take it to a tech and have it looked over
Quote by Cathbard
"Doctor, it hurts when I do this."
"Don't do that."
Nice doctors you guys got there in Australia
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.