Hey!

What are all of your thoughts on the Taylor 214ce?

I played one today, and I thought it was incredible! I just would like to hear people’s thoughts on them, and if they are worth the money.

Regards,
Louis!
Quote by Gingerlocks
I've tried it once. Class guitar. Really.
I don't think you'd regret it, if you bought it!

Do you think that it’s worth the price, as supposed to a different modelled Taylor at the same price range?
i actually like the 114. have you had a chance to compare the 2?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
I own a 314CE and love it. I was actually thinking about trading it for a 900 series Taylor a few years ago, but then I decided that I really liked its tone. To answer your question though... If memory serves me correct, the 200 series and lower do not come with the ES pickup system. Taylor guitars are generally built quite well and sound good. If you like the 214CE. I'd go for it. I would also recommend that you try a couple of models higher, such as the 314CE and 414CE, just to get a feel for what changes as you move up.
i would agree with Steven. if you can afford it, get it. just be careful though.... Taylors have a way of multiplying crazily ! you'll get the 214ce(which has taylor's ES-T electronics which aren't bad at all), next thing you know, a GS mini will be needed for travelling( even short trips...to the bathroom not-withstanding), then the different wood combinations will start calling to you..... haven't experienced it with any other manufacturer... you've been warned !!!
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
I found myself in three stores over the last two weeks...shopping for acoustics for my son and I.

I bought the one he wanted but I kept looking at the Breedlove & Taylors. I'm just getting starteda and didn't want to drop a ton of money on one....however, I didn't want to wish in a year that I'd spend a little more.

The Taylors I liked were the 110CE and 210CE. I wished I'd played with a 300 series as I later learned the nut width is 1.75" beyond the 200 series.

I didn't know it at the time.

I'm going back in a week or so and try some more. Unless I'm overwhelmingly smitten with the wider nut width on the 300 series, I'm leaning towards a 110CE or 210CE.

I would also like to demo a mahogany topped 310CE for kicks.
2014 Gibson SG Special
Peavey Classic 30
Squier Standard Stratocaster HSS
Fender CD60CE
Fender v2 Mustang III
Roland Micro Cube
MXR M75
Dub, you'll love the 'hog 310. the 1 11/16" vs 1 3/4" nut spacing isn't really that noticable unless your used to one or the other for a while. i have guitars in both and i don't notice when switching between them. jumping to a GS mini on the other hand, does take a minute or 2 of adjustments. no biggie.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
Dub - I started off with a 314CE, then bought a T5-C2 in koa, then a custom shop GS and finally a T3B semi-hollow body. I have photos of all my Taylors in my gear photos. I really like the Taylor sound and it's been the cause of each of my purchases. If you buy one Taylor, I can almost guarantee that you'll be back for another in a couple of years... or less.
Interested in what you go with, Louis ! Also, sorry for the temporary derail.

Thanks StepchildUSMC & Kc6_Steven.
2014 Gibson SG Special
Peavey Classic 30
Squier Standard Stratocaster HSS
Fender CD60CE
Fender v2 Mustang III
Roland Micro Cube
MXR M75
Quote by DubfromGA
Interested in what you go with, Louis ! Also, sorry for the temporary derail.

Thanks StepchildUSMC & Kc6_Steven.

No worries mate, interested in everyone’s opinions and stories here! Thank you for your input!
Quote by patticake
i actually like the 114. have you had a chance to compare the 2?

I haven’t, no. Unfortunately in my state (Tasmania, Australia) Taylor’s are hard to come by, and I’d have to fly over to the mainland to be able to really test them out.
Quote by KG6_Steven
I own a 314CE and love it. I was actually thinking about trading it for a 900 series Taylor a few years ago, but then I decided that I really liked its tone. To answer your question though... If memory serves me correct, the 200 series and lower do not come with the ES pickup system. Taylor guitars are generally built quite well and sound good. If you like the 214CE. I'd go for it. I would also recommend that you try a couple of models higher, such as the 314CE and 414CE, just to get a feel for what changes as you move up.

Since researching the 314ce’s after your recommendation, the descriptions, reviews and all-round build of the guitar really takes my fancy.. Definitely something I’ll be looking into. Thankyou!
Quote by stepchildusmc
i would agree with Steven. if you can afford it, get it. just be careful though.... Taylors have a way of multiplying crazily ! you'll get the 214ce(which has taylor's ES-T electronics which aren't bad at all), next thing you know, a GS mini will be needed for travelling( even short trips...to the bathroom not-withstanding), then the different wood combinations will start calling to you..... haven't experienced it with any other manufacturer... you've been warned !!!

The beauty of the passion of music; if it’s too expensive, you’ll bust your gut to buy it anyway. It’s an obsession I’d love to get into!