Page 1 of 2
I was listening to music today and heard "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me" and thought a best melodies list would really be a bitch of a survey. So much to choose from. You have instruments and vocal lines and inflection...thoughts?
are you asking what songs have beautiful melodies and heart touching vocals? then anything by skillet to be honest
Quote by entity0009
This is obviously linked to the increase in teen pregnancy: Dad dicks are getting smaller so they are forced to find younger, tighter mothers.

Quote by willT08
everyone's the main guy in their own story
Have you ever heard a melody and vocal inflection be just perfect. An instance in a song where you believed the songs intent.
Quote by hazydavy
Have you ever heard a melody and vocal inflection be just perfect. An instance in a song where you believed the songs intent.

the chorus to Awake And Alive by Skillet... just go listen
Quote by entity0009
This is obviously linked to the increase in teen pregnancy: Dad dicks are getting smaller so they are forced to find younger, tighter mothers.

Quote by willT08
all the bluegrass fiddle tunes, irish folk music, and viking metal have the best melodies
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I like the melodies that flow so well you can hear them swoosh down the river of styx meandering down the hopeless direction of Umberland
Absolutely! The breakdowns tend to raise up to the point of....emotional overload?
VIKING METAL YES
amon amarth have the best melodies
twilight of the thunder god, wrath of the norsemen, the hero, guardians of asgaard.
Quote by entity0009

Quote by willT08
Quote by callumfrew97
VIKING METAL YES
twilight of the thunder god, wrath of the norsemen, the hero, guardians of asgaard.

amon amarth isn't viking metal and they don't even have good melodies
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
amon amarth isn't viking metal and they don't even have good melodies

yes they do
Quote by entity0009

Quote by willT08
Quote by callumfrew97
VIKING METAL YES

Without being a dick like Theo, Amon Amarth aren't really viking metal. They are a melodic death metal band who's lyrics deal with viking themes. They don't consider themselves to be viking metal either. So if I was being pedantic I would describe them as viking-themed melodic death metal.

But I do agree they have some awesome melodies.
Quote by Random3
Without being a dick like Theo, Amon Amarth aren't really viking metal. They are a melodic death metal band who's lyrics deal with viking themes. They don't consider themselves to be viking metal either. So if I was being pedantic I would describe them as viking-themed melodic death metal.

oh, well thank you for clearing that up in a non-dich like fashion haha

but yes, a lot of their melodies are awesome.
Quote by entity0009

Quote by willT08
all this viking stuff makes me wish i was born in Scandinavia. damn. i have no idea what he's saying but it is just beautiful
Quote by entity0009

Quote by willT08
Alladin - a whole new world.

In general with Disney music, all the chords and composition seems too be built around the melody.

I also like Georgia on my mind, but that's more of a nice chord-melody interaction.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??

can't have a melody thread without some Stevie. Soul music in general tends to have the best melodies IMO. none of this viking metal nonsense.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
The interlude in 'Master of Puppets' is one of the mest melodies ever! The one before and after James's solo. Also, 'For The Love Of God' by Steve Vai.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Quote by moscaespañol
paco de lucia-zyryab

have you been around? i dont think ive seen you on here in a while
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Random3

jesus wept
Quote by Burgery
have you been around? i dont think ive seen you on here in a while

i started posting in game of thrones yesterday after not posting for a month after not posting for like a year

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
There's a reason Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah is one of the most covered songs of all time.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Random3
Oh dear, why did jesus weep?

Because:

Without being a dick [...] *being a dick*

and:

So if I was being pedantic I would describe them as viking-themed melodic death metal.

and:

who's lyrics
Page 1 of 2