I put some new strings on my guitar about a week ago, did everything the way I usually do, tuned them all up fine, stretched them and have done plenty of hard playing.

Main problem is, one of the strings keeps resonating after I've played on it. Once I've hit a note on it and move on to the next string, it resonates as if I've tapped it, which is obviously a problem because it's clearly audible.

The string isn't any tighter or looser than the rest of them and is the same distance from the fretboard, so I don't really get the deal.

Also, the action has been far worse than normal and all my strings feel a bit looser than they should. There's either way too much fret buzz or the strings are too far from the board and I can't play very easily. There is literally no winning.

Any ideas of what's up?

I'll note that I'm using Drop A on a 6 string. It's a stupid thing to do, I know but I've never had any issues before.
I have nothing important to say
One of the first things I had to learn when playing is how to dampen strings that I'm not (or no longer) playing. If it's ringing, then it's likely because you don't have some body part resting on it to prevent that happening.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Did you adjust the action and intonation?...

I've messed with the action a lot but it raising and lowering it doesn't seem to help.
I do think my neck is slightly warped though, so I guess it might be worth looking at that.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
I've messed with the action a lot but it raising and lowering it doesn't seem to help.
I do think my neck is slightly warped though, so I guess it might be worth looking at that.

Why not just do a full setup on your guitar, while you're at it?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Why not just do a full setup on your guitar, while you're at it?

+1
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/