Whats up guys i just wanted to ask you guys which guitar is superior for the $800 bucks price?

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001FM

http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-H-1001FM-Electric-Guitar-584484-i1503610.gc

or

Schecter Research Hellraiser C-1

http://www.guitarcenter.com/item/default.aspx?itemno=1446249

Thanks and could you guys mind leaving detailed explanations why one would be better than the other. THANKS
Last edited by thrashhabbit666 at Apr 19, 2014,
Better? Whichever one you like the sound and feel of more. They're both well made, they both play extremely well, so really it comes down to personal opinion and which guitar has the pickups you want.

Personally I'd go for the Schecter just because it's got coil tap and to me it looks a little better.

I would consider going for either a Schecter or LTD that does the Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz combo over EMGs though. I'm fairly certain both companies make both guitars with that configuration and they're more versatile than EMGs.
Don't ever buy a guitar based on what someone told you online

Pick them both up and play them and it should be pretty obvious TO YOU which one YOU like
If you're looking for resale value, definitely go for the LTD. Generally, it seems there are a lot of Schecters on the used market (that's not to say they are bad, but it'll be harder to sell).

They are very similar guitars, most of the difference is the Schecter has a little thicker neck.

Also +1 to cheesefries's point
LTD.

But i havent played a schecter in 8 years so they might have stepped their game up since then...
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
^ +1 (haven't tried a ltd in some time too, it must be said. but yeah based on what i have tried, the ltd.)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Both guitars were probably built in the exact same Korean factory, and are of similar quality... it's whatever fits your hands the best . Personally I would go for the LTD, you can get those used for around $400-500 btw.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
And here I was expecting a novelty guitar shaped like a witch.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Either will work, I prefer the Schecters but it's strictly personal preference.

Buy used and get one of each...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
You really have to try them. The sound can be sorted out later pretty much with pickup choice - buy the one that feels best in your hands. Two seemingly identical guitars can feel completely different to play.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Esp hands down. Also from your previous threads you need a new amp.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Got a Schecter c-1 custom, wouldn't trade it for anything. Got an ESP... Thinking about selling it. There ya go, bro.
Quote by Biebsy
Got a Schecter c-1 custom, wouldn't trade it for anything. Got an ESP... Thinking about selling it. There ya go, bro.

Please don't listen to this... I have an LTD EC-1000 CTM which I'll never sell and I've went through probably 5-10 guitars after buying it and not one been a keeper. Should you buy the LTD based on this? Of course not! Go try them, the one that feels the best is a keeper
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Seagull S6
Laney Lionheart L5T

and a bunch pedals...
Last edited by jonthorsigmunds at Apr 20, 2014,
Hmm...mercury topaz or ford tempo...hmm. If you're buying from guitar center, buy either. Play it for a few weeks, return it and buy the other, then return or keep.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
The main pros of each:

The LTD H is special in that H models without a Floyd Rose have a DEEP back belly contour on the back, a really severe cutaway that I haven't seen on any other guitar. I have yet to play a guitar that feels better to play than my H-301, and I think that cutaway plays a significant role in that.

The main feature on the Hellraiser that sets it apart is the coil tapped EMGs. They're pretty amazing, in that they are some of the very very very small amount of humbuckers that actually split into a true single coil. No coil tap/split half ass shenanigans here.

That in mind, I would have to say that the Hellraiser is objectively the better guitar.

But subjectivity is a huge part of the guitar world, and if you're like me, the feel of the H model makes this comparison no competition at all.

Unfortunately, you really do have to play them.

Hope this helps your thought process.

EDIT: Here's a picture of the back cutaway on the H, so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about. Note how far down it goes (past the middle of the guitar), and compare that to any other guitar you have or see a picture of.

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Apr 20, 2014,
Quote by Biebsy

Quote by jonthorsigmunds
Please don't listen to this... I have an LTD EC-1000 CTM which I'll never sell and I've went through probably 5-10 guitars after buying it and not one been a keeper. Should you buy the LTD based on this? Of course not! Go try them, the one that feels the best is a keeper

Don't listen to either one of these people.
They are both biased (Especially jonthorsigmunds. Sorry dude, but putting down someone else's opinion because you disagree with it is incredibly juvenile).

Oh, and I went through well over 30 Strats before I found one I liked.
It's a 1996 MIM and I paid $350 for it, case included.

What you need to do is go and play BOTH OF them, and then make your decision.
Play it unplugged.
Check for construction quality.
And check for play-ability.
How does the neck feel? (This is pretty much the #1 thing I pay attention to when checking out a new guitar).
How is the weigh distribution?
Does it have good sustain? Or none?

If all of the above are equal or performs to your satisfaction, how they each sound plugged in is not a major concern.
String choice (and gauge), tone caps, pickups, and a proper setup will help you fine tune things to your liking.
This will require some research on your part to determine what would suit your style best.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Apr 20, 2014,
Quote by CodeMonk
Don't listen to either one of these people.
They are both biased (Especially jonthorsigmunds. Sorry dude, but putting down someone else's opinion because you disagree with it is incredibly juvenile).

What you need to do is go and play BOTH OF them, and then make your decision.
Play it unplugged.
Check for construction quality.
And check for play-ability.
How does the neck feel? (This is pretty much the #1 thing I pay attention to when checking out a new guitar).
How is the weigh distribution?
Does it have good sustain? Or none?

If all of the above are equal or performs to your satisfaction, how they each sound plugged in is not a major concern.
String choice (and gauge), tone caps, pickups, and a proper setup will help you fine tune things to your liking.
This will require some research on your part to determine what would suit your style best.

Read my WHOLE comment dude, and you might have realized I was not being biased at all and told him to try them both.

Originally Posted by jonthorsigmunds
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Seagull S6
Laney Lionheart L5T

and a bunch pedals...
Quote by CodeMonk

+1 Don't listen to either one of these people.

_______

i went through (purchase/flip) 12 strats until i found the right one $175. and am happy, 1995 white on white. i am looking for a second one now, plan on buying less and playing them more).

________

as far as the schecter vs LTD is save up and going for an ESP. they are hugely different.

have you considered ibanez or jackson? i would recommend trying those at well.

to just state the last of my formers. two MIJ that were probably in the early 2000's they were nice, but it just didn't fit me. a DKMG and a SLS(can't remember atm) i have owned three LTD's one EC400 EC401 and EC1000. the 401 was totally shitty, that is when they changed factories. the EC1000 wasn' bad, but i started buying other superstrats.

i own three ibanez prestige guitars a 3550MZ, 2570EVSL, and a 1570. they the best you will find for your money IMO. plan on a pickup swap unless you go for a 3XXX. they were better than all of the other guitars. for the money used. if you like thicker necks, they may not be first pick.

i OWNED all of these played all of them.

best the jacksons would come in right after the Prestige Ibbys.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I guess that cutaway comes in handy when you get that beer belly, it kinda tucks it in nicely

Please don't mistake LTD with ESP, I've played quite a few guitars from both and the difference is huge in favor of you know who
Quote by diabolical
I guess that cutaway comes in handy when you get that beer belly, it kinda tucks it in nicely

Please don't mistake LTD with ESP,
I've played quite a few guitars from both and the difference is huge in favor of you know who

thank you. somebody else has it right. an ESP LTD is the same thing as a Gibson Epiphone, or a Fender Squier.

ESP's are very nice instruments. LTD's aren't bad, but far from ESP's.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/