I've got a pre war Recording King Carl Robison Model K Hawaiian style guitar. I can't find any information on it for the life of me. I'm not interested in selling it, but it would be nice to know how much it's worth. I would say it's in 7/10 condition.
gibson made a recording king pre-war, but can't be sure that's the one. i think they made them for montgomery wards. if you can put up the serial or model number my husband says he can look it up in his gibson book - otherwise go to the unofficial martin forum and look for Joe Spann - he knows this stuff.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Okay, so I found two numbers beside the manufacturing date. The first is on the back of the head: FW 538. The second is located where the neck meets the body: 719 F.
my husband couldn't find his book, so he posted on the UMGF, and this is the reply:

"If it's a 12-fret Carson Robison with an L-00 size body, then it's a Montgomery Ward Model 1134 from 1940. Unfortunately, this guitar was never illustrated in any Wards catalog."
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!