shut up ian
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by pbiggie
listen to different types of modern metal then, rather than djent.
That's like, hardly possible.

But even in Djent not all bands are this way. Skyharbor is fantastic, Textures is decent, Tessaract is fantastic (even better on their first album with Dan), it's the ones that don't go 3000x over the edge with processing and gating that it doesn't even sound human anymore.
i dont get it and tbh i dont care to get it fight me

modern metal, so pretentious.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I think I better step in here...

90% of so called "djent" music nowadays is absolute rubbish, I'm a fan of the genre and can freely admit that.
But a lot of the bands that started out in the genre when it was still evolving; Tesseract, Monuments, Vildhjarta, Periphery, Fellsilent, Uneven Structure and so on are very good bands.

The problem with a lot "djent" bands nowadays is they only use the core djent sound or mix it with crappy "core" elements and don't write original music.
A lot of people give djent hate because they think it's just chug chug chug but all the bands mentioned above all have great unique elements which surpass the core sound so many people hate about djent. Whether it be really intricate layered atmosphere or good technical elements.

Just a final thing, many people complain, particularly about periphery, but listen to this and tell me it's just chug chug chug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATNTvp8Y8D0
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by Dimarzio45
The link won't load for me.

Guy plays off beat power chords, lets them ring, *"two hours of editing later"*, some different timing shit.
EDIT: ^Maybe if it were accented better so there was a distinguishable meter it wouldn't be as chug.
Last edited by Skullivan at Apr 19, 2014,
He's making fun of it, but that dude is one of the worst offenders.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by SuperKid
metal is for amateurs. it all sounds like complete shit when played live, no perceptible different notes and terrible vocals

Maybe if you're gonna go to a metal show you shouldn't pick a shit band
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
djent should not be a genre. it should be a unique style adopted by two bands and two bands only; periphery and meshuggah. i can't bare to listen to anything or anybody else.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
djent djentdjent djdjdjent djent djent djdjentdjent

this is how i write all my djent songs, then i tab them after

it goes 0--00--000---0-00-0 or some shit, but it doesn't really matter because it's all completely random anyway

i like djent
Oh, look...it's Ian. And he took what was meant to be a joke COMPLETELY SERIOUS.

Dude, just...why do you do this? You always look like such a tool. Do you really enjoy being hated by UG? Is that why you call UG a "bunch of aspies", because mocking those of us who find your opinions to be ridiculous makes you feel better?

Just. Stop. Now. Ian.

Edit:
Quote by laid-to-waste
djent should not be a genre. it should be a unique style adopted by two bands and two bands only; periphery and meshuggah. i can't bare to listen to anything or anybody else.

This man gets it.

Ian, however, does not.

Quote by behind_you
wait is this satire

It's meant to be, yes.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Apr 20, 2014,
With crazysamwhatever this thread is now complete.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
lol ian fok of
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
Quote by laid-to-waste

I can listen to one extra band apart from those two, and that's Tesseract. Most of the other bands fade into one for me though and sound very identikit
So the problem you have with this is the editing?

Idgaf how edited something is as long as I enjoy listening to it. Listening to something live is a different thing but I don't do that often enough for it to matter because it's all ****ing expensive here
cat
Quote by laid-to-waste

You mean "bear".

But you're a regular in NIT, so I love you.
Quote by guitarxo

Idgaf how edited something is as long as I enjoy listening to it.

i still don't get why you all care about how good people are at playing their instruments

it doesn't matter like, even the smallest bit
Quote by willT08
i still don't get why you all care about how good people are at playing their instruments

yeah it's all about how good you can bleep your bloop on your macbook
Quote by willT08

The athleticism and creativity involved in playing an instrument well can be really fun to witness, especially to other musicians.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Ian, consider yourself lucky I was still out drinking when this was closed, because if I'd come home drunk and this was still open I'd have probably banned you for making another stupid thread, then forgot all about it by now
Hey, look. Sigs are back.