Hey guys! I need some recording advice, this is the first time I have tried recording something with Ableton Live, and I would like to get a less muffled and clearer quality when recording. Here is a sample of my recording I did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Df4YdSp3Y .

Please comment on some recording tips, thanks!
What is your recording equipment? Try turning down gain, bass, maybe volume and move your mic away from the speaker very slightly.
Last edited by thenextkirk92 at Apr 20, 2014,
I am using Ableton Live for my software, a Stenberg vocal microphone, and the mic was quite far away from the cab, but the main problem is during chords I get this muffle feedback from the microphone.
Quote by MetalMelodies
I am using Ableton Live for my software, a Stenberg vocal microphone, and the mic was quite far away from the cab, but the main problem is during chords I get this muffle feedback from the microphone.

What recording interface are you using?
You could out ur own head (ear) next to ur cab (at low volumes!) and see where it sounds back.

The natural occuring 1 meter gap between the amp and your ears when playing reguraly changes a lot of the sound.

After listening back hmm.

The sounof the guitar is good enough. There's clipping going on however, and I think Alex is right about trying out other mic spots.

Honestely though why does it clip so much in the low. Check your interface if it clips.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Apr 22, 2014,