Sorry pit, this thread is actually guitar related... vaguely

I was mindlessly looking around ebay for cheap things, and came across a listing for a marshall MG10 amp. Nothing untoward in the current auction price, but the description caught my eye and then kept jabbing at it irritatingly so I've decided to rant. I hope you enjoy the product description as much as I did.

Marshall MG10 10w watt Guitar Amp/amplifier combo good condition.

Fine, no complaints there.

The Marshall MG10 Guitar Amp Combo produces the type of tone other amplifiers can only try to imitate.

I had heard rumours that Mesa Boogie have been striving for years to reproduce the amazing tone found in the cheapest new marshall amp available, but the nearest they managed to get involves using real bees in the circuitry to accurately capture that legendary MG sound. No wonder Hendrix once said 'these MG marshall amps are great, mmmmkay'.

By developing reliable high quality solid-state analogue circuitry and combining it with the flexibility of digital control the Marshall MG10 provides access to a vast range of quality tonal options.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAcretin. My anal sphincter produces a bigger range of "quality tonal options" than the amp you're selling. Even when I plug in my guitar....

The Marshall MG10 Guitar Amp Combo delivers 2 distinctive Marshall tone sets, with its honest clean sparkle and aggressive overdrive the 10w of power is amazingly punchy thanks to its closed back cabinet design and carefully chosen speaker.

I wonder how many speakers were considered in the downselection process when designing the amp? "A carefully-considered configuration downselection process was developed by Marshall to identify seven key areas where our chosen speaker would need to excel: price, cost, amount of money needed to buy, expense minimisation, financial constraint management, tight fistedness and 'lets see what we can buy for the price of a fresh cat turd' - these criteria were all considered to maximise the musical performance of the end produce".

The Marhsall MG10 Combo also features a contour control allowing the user to adjust their EQ in one single and simple turn of a control.

The MG10 Combo also features individual headphone output and line input sockets.

The line in allows you to plug in your MP3 or CD player in and play along with your favourite tunes, whilst the headphone socket will allow any standard 3.5mm headphone set to be plugged in so you can practice in private.

Anyone else think this description (in the quotes) is deceptive to the point of being illegal?
Last edited by Quiffmiester at Apr 20, 2014,
For ****'s sake...

Is there anybody on this planet who actually understands what false advertising actually is?

I can't begin to tell you how many customers at my job I've had bitch to me about something being "false advertising" when it's clearly not an example.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
This is beautiful.

MG's are the actual best amps ever. I have raved about another certain brand of amp before, but the Marshall MG is actually THE best thing ever.

so... The only false part of this advertising is the part where they fail to mention how godlike your tone will become after plugging into an MG10
Quote by sickman411
S-Gsus wept
The 'Crushing Overdrive' will make it all worth it.

EDIT:

By developing reliable high quality solid-state analogue circuitry and combining it with the flexibility of digital control

The seller is full of so much shit
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 20, 2014,
This is beautiful.

MG's are the actual best amps ever. I have raved about another certain brand of amp before, but the Marshall MG is actually THE best thing ever.

so... The only false part of this advertising is the part where they fail to mention how godlike your tone will become after plugging into an MG10

^ Good post. Explains answer well, and I had completely forgotten that final fact. My playing sounds poo through a good amp.

For ****'s sake...

Is there anybody on this planet who actually understands what false advertising actually is?

I can't begin to tell you how many customers at my job I've had bitch to me about something being "false advertising" when it's clearly not an example.

^ Bad post. Doesn't explain any reasoning behind answer. Plus, if you think you're the only person on this planet who "actually understands what false advertising actually is" then my guess is you don't.

They probably just copied Marshall's website description of it.

^ Best post, but too correct so please ignore and continue...
Quote by Quiffmiester
^ Bad post. Doesn't explain any reasoning behind answer. Plus, if you think you're the only person on this planet who "actually understands what false advertising actually is" then my guess is you don't.

I understand it far better than you do, obviously.

Also, my answer doesn't need any reasoning, as the reasoning is already there. Everyday I hear people claim something is false advertising when it's not. That's what you're doing. That's the reasoning.

Reading comprehension, bro.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
I got butthurt about false advertising once. Then I walked out of THAT particular bar and bought myself an MG10.

Now I shoot lasers out of my eyes and fart handgrenades and have never looked back
Quote by sickman411
S-Gsus wept
Quote by Sleaze Disease
I understand it far better than you do, obviously.

Also, my answer doesn't need any reasoning, as the reasoning is already there. Everyday I hear people claim something is false advertising when it's not. That's what you're doing. That's the reasoning.

Reading comprehension, bro.

Obvious troll is obvious bro. No need to get upset.

Thats not false advertising, because if it was every advertisement I've ever seen would be illegal. Its not illegal to say a thing is good when its clearly not because thats subjective, but if you said "Has ports to plug in 7 guitars at the same time", that would be false advertising.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by daytripper75
That's how you sell things. You make them sound awesome.

This. I don't know about you but I've never bought something on the basis that it is the worst and most useless thing in the world.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by rock.freak667
This. I don't know about you but I've never bought something on the basis that it is the worst and most useless thing in the world.

Exactly.

Do you want the ad to sound something like, "Buy this amp. It has some pretty bottom of the line components, and it really doesn't sound very good. In fact it's pretty shit, but you know you want it anyway."
Quote by Quiffmiester

I had heard rumours that Mesa Boogie have been striving for years to reproduce the amazing tone found in the cheapest new marshall amp available, but the nearest they managed to get involves using real bees in the circuitry to accurately capture that legendary MG sound. No wonder Hendrix once said 'these MG marshall amps are great, mmmmkay'.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAcretin. My anal sphincter produces a bigger range of "quality tonal options" than the amp you're selling. Even when I plug in my guitar....

Sounds like you're better off plugging your guitar into your asshole
sorry, saw the opportunity to make a really lame joke and went for it
I thought you were talking about people who were hot on instagram or facebook but look like trolls in real life
ITT: people's irony and/or sarcasm meters failing right and left.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by ChucklesMginty

I have to revive this post because I don't understand how this sounds bad. All eq sounds mostly the same to me unless bass is 10 and treble/mids is 0
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Quote by 457undead
All eq sounds mostly the same to me unless bass is 10 and treble/mids is 0