Guys, i'm looking for a new amp, love the tube sound but still want a few effects, e.g flanger, phaser, delay etc. But i have a budget of £400, no more. Any suggestions? (I play a variety of styles).
jet city on thomann- the 50 watt head and the harley benton g212 cabinet come in at ~£400 (depending on how badly your CC rips you on the exchange rate).

get the effects later.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
jet city on thomann- the 50 watt head and the harley benton g212 cabinet come in at ~£400 (depending on how badly your CC rips you on the exchange rate).
That?
An egnater tweaker plus the G212 vintage?
A used Vypyr tube 60?

It kinda depends on what stuff you want to play.
Try and be more specific.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
That?
An egnater tweaker plus the G212 vintage?
A used Vypyr tube 60?

It kinda depends on what stuff you want to play.
Try and be more specific.

yeah a bit more info on what "wide variety" actually is would be helpful.

that being said there aren't many other even half-decent versatilish tube heads for £240 or less...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If he wants to do metal and punk and rock and blues a Jet city would be ideal.
If he wants to do post rock and shoegaze and jazz, a Blackheart BH5 + a quadraverb 2 would be ideal.

Come on TS tell us what you mean by wide variety or I'll start with the really, very seriously unconventional suggestions
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Spambot, since you're wound-up on providing helpful info, I see a lot of people recommend the Jet City amp. What are some big highlights and/or features of it?
Quote by Dimarzio45
Spambot, since you're wound-up on providing helpful info
I can't even tell if you're being ironic or not at this point

Well Jet City's are the low cost versions of the soldano hot rod amps IIRC, and the hot rod amps are some reeeeally good quality and reeeeally good sounding amps.
They sound good, y' know, that's the big reason why they're regarded as good amps.
They are versatile, they can go from more or less clean to high gain and anything in between while maintaining a convincing sound.

Jet City's have cheaper and smaller transformers, and maybe some other minor stuff that I don't know of too, though the trannys are the big deal.
And they're made in china, so together with the cheaper trannys it makes the thing cheaper.
Like, a lot cheaper.
Meaning that you can get the smaller jet city head (20w, 2 channels) for about €250 from thomann, and the combo for €270 or something.

So, even if I'm more on the Blackheart 5w head plus quadraverb 2 plus a pedal or two in general, them Jet City's sound fairly good and they're fairly cheap.
What's not to like?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Spambot, where are you getting your transformer data?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
^ read that here and there and on TGP saying that they were lower quality and/or they were wound in china, and though I haven't found a 100% reliable source yet the thing makes sense to me, since in this kinda amps they are the most expensive parts.

Plus some say Soldano's have Mercury Magnetics trannys, some say they have some kind of legendary I-can't-remember-the-name-of trannys, and imo, legendary or not, the trannys you find in a hot rod 25 cost more than half of a JCA22h.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Some decent recomendations there - except that we don't know what music he's playing so it's all a bit moot really.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Spambot_2
some say they have some kind of legendary I-can't-remember-the-name-of trannys,

deYoung? I think only the SLOs have those.

No clue, though, this stuff is beyond my pay grade I just know the jet cities are silly cheap in europe and sound really good (especially if you don't use the stock speakers and use eminence v12s or celestion v30s or something like that). probably made a bit cheaper than the genuine soldanos but I think they still have the rep of being made pretty well considering the price.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?