Hello

Generally im a guitarist and just wondering how it works, for example if i have 25.5 guitar tuend with 10-46 to E standard it will give me same tension wise as 10-46 tuned to D# standard on 26.5 or 27 scale guitar?

How its with bass? 34 vs 35? It gives same feelling ?
Bass is tuned an octave lower so the strings are way heavier than guitar strings. The basic string gauge for bass is 40-100.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Most 35" scale basses are five or six-string basses, and the extra inch is supposed to keep sufficient tension on the low "B" string. Some five-string basses with a 34" scale seem to have plenty of string tension; others do not. Because the overall tension is much different, and because bass strings are so much thicker than guitar strings, down-tuning an electric bass can present some real problems.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
Most 35" scale basses are five or six-string basses, and the extra inch is supposed to keep sufficient tension on the low "B" string. Some five-string basses with a 34" scale seem to have plenty of string tension; others do not. Because the overall tension is much different, and because bass strings are so much thicker than guitar strings, down-tuning an electric bass can present some real problems.

Yea, i known it but i mean something like a baritone guitar which is 26,5 or 27 compared to ... lest say "baritone bass" . Does an 35" bass with 105 gauge strign tuned to D#1 same tension as 34" bass with 105 tuned to E1? Like 27/26"5 scale guitar with 46 string gauge tuned to d#2 have same tension like 25"5 tunet with same stirng to E2? Hard to explain..
^ I know exactly what you mean but I'm a guitarist who's taken up bass recently so I don't actually know the answer I'd be interested to know too, just out of interest.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by rockstar256
Yea, i known it but i mean something like a baritone guitar which is 26,5 or 27 compared to ... lest say "baritone bass" . Does an 35" bass with 105 gauge string tuned to D#1 same tension as 34" bass with 105 tuned to E1? Like 27/26"5 scale guitar with 46 string gauge tuned to d#2 have same tension like 25"5 tuned with same string to E2? Hard to explain..

It is supposed to have the same tension, but it does not always have it. It really depends on the bass. For real down-tuned stuff, I recommend the Yamaha TRB series basses. I have both the four-string and the five-string versions, and they definitely have a solid low "B" string; even with the down-tuned stuff (although not with the major down-tuned stuff).

The bottom line with any electric bass is that it is not as conducive to major down-tuning as are electric guitars.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley