22 51%
13 30%
1 2%
1 2%
6 14%
Voters: 43.
Page 1 of 2
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-existential-anxiety-scale-test

Existential anxiety has to do with the big questions of life, its meaning and which is our place in it; to the Doctors Good and Good, existential anxiety is about despair, alienation, and emptiness, and there are people who suffer from such feelings, it certainly can be a problem for some of them.
While, as you can see from the norms, the average score on the existential anxiety scale was only 5, but the authors reported that in their sample of 200 people, some scores were as high as 26.

In the past the world was a relatively predictable place. People grew up in stable families, and they had a fairly clear sense of what their roles in the world and society would be. Now we live in a changing world, and a world in which every generation have less common principles to embrace, long have been gone the flower children, the excess of the 80's, and the already cynical "generation X" from the 90's. Is this sustained and rapid change in society plus the emergent and evergrowing consumerism that try to cope with the lack of certitude that have made difficult for people to know which is their place in the world, and understand how they fit in.

scored a 30

how existentially anxious r u
this house is bitchin
this is stupid
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
20 is that good or bad?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I got a 2 and I think that's because I said I find religion rather empty.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls

I'm pretty sure the question 'I find life meaningless' showed up more than once in that
ggg1 ggg3

I got a 4 but I don't think this test really means anything.

I am in general not concerned with things though so at least that seems accurate.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
don't care for existential bullshit tbh i'm here whatever

24, probably just because I have different feelings towards 'my life' and 'life' in general. Would've been higher had I treated 'life' as 'my life'.

Also, what a dumb test. All the questions are essentially the same, and they might as well have just asked "do you suffer from depression" because that's pretty much what ever question was asking.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by Dreadnought
Dat Grammar And Typos

EDIT: Got a 0 though

same
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...

lol @ this stupid test.

So many questions I feel warranted more than a yes or no answer.
Got an 11. Quiz wasn't very good and didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. All I know is that my life up to this point has been a waste and I need to step it up in the future.
I got a 1. I guess I'm not a nihilist.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
I got 26, apparently that's a bad thing

My life does seem to be basically pointless at the moment, but I enjoy it, so whatever
also, what's up with this poll? It doesn't represent the possible data at all..

Canti.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I got 20 (52nd percentile).

Also, if anyone's confused about the score/percentile table vs the graph they show you, if you read the text it says the table is from a study made in the 70s and the graph is the result of this test. They had the table there from the start and they can't change it now or something like that.

Woe is me or some such shit.
DISCLAIMER: There's a very good chance that i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Quote by CodeMonk
Your sig has never been more true.
And you are a piss poor troll.

Quote by phayzze
Can someone explain to me wtf this guy is on about

YUP. THAT'S ME.

but wait... no one cares, because it's not important.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I will say this: the person who created this survey should just end it.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
what idiot wrote that paragraph? it reads like a chinese adbot.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
22. Never thought i'd visit OKCupid in my life. So I guess thats gotta mean something right? RIGHT?!
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
7.. but the scoring is bs

I do experience some sort of "existential anxiety" from time to time but it's radically different than what this test is supposed to be about
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
i'm a weak but moderately moody D&D character with an angst level of 26

i like how the thingy said the test was biased towards the school of thought that person ascribed to
Quote by LuckyBoys91
+ ****ing 1

i've got a point

Quote by Pr0gNut
No,they're to high end for me.I usually just walk into a random building and scream "FIX MY BANJO NOW!!!!" until they hit me with sticks and call the police.

TSHM.
Already medically diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. Shitty quiz.
RIP Tom Searle.
Page 1 of 2