Let me put this as a question/ad. I'm attempting to sell my Orange Rockerverb 100 mk2 head but I'm having no luck. I have it posted on craigslist, had it on eBay but auction ended and didn't relist, as well as the reverb app for IPhone and not a single bite. This is going on a couple weeks now.

I'm the original owner and owned this after buying brand new 5 months ago. I chose to put bands/jamming aside and decided to get into motorcycles so this will be funding that hobby. Besides a very small tear in the tolex (miniscule on upper front edge) that I dinged against my bedroom doorway it's brand new. I have the leather cover, foot pedal and cable plus manual still.

My asking price is $1400 but very negotiable. Brand new and what I paid is around $2300. Yet nobody has even tried to offer me anything. I'll even ship but at buyers expense (20-50 bucks).

So basically, are there other good sources of selling gear? How much could I expect if I bring it to a guitar center or samash? And while I'm here, if anybody's interested I can supply some pictures and any other info you may need.

Thanks for any help, I just need to sell this thing and not get short changed. And I already know this is an expensive piece of equiptment to try and sell so quickly but I've owned a mk1 Rockerverb for 6 years and loved it but ended up trading it for other equipment. As of the past 3 months I was in an active band and wanted another Orange bc I just love their sound but my interests shifted and this is no longer needed and I don't see it being needed later on.
Guitar Center and Sam Ash won't even come close to $1400, they'd probably offer you half of that. If you want a fair price, the only way to sell it is going to be to a private buyer.

Unfortunately, the economy still isn't the greatest, and while your price is fair for the amp, people just really aren't buying things that expensive. You might actually do better putting it on your local Craigslist and asking for trades in motorcycle things you're looking for. Otherwise, just keep listing it on the forums and auction sites, eventually someone will buy it.

Really, unless you have a very desirable amp, or your price is very low, selling something at that price is probably gonna take a while. Making sure you have great, detailed, pictures and even a video, can also help quite a bit.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Guitar Center and Sam Ash won't even come close to $1400, they'd probably offer you half of that. If you want a fair price, the only way to sell it is going to be to a private buyer.

Unfortunately, the economy still isn't the greatest, and while your price is fair for the amp, people just really aren't buying things that expensive. You might actually do better putting it on your local Craigslist and asking for trades in motorcycle things you're looking for. Otherwise, just keep listing it on the forums and auction sites, eventually someone will buy it.

Really, unless you have a very desirable amp, or your price is very low, selling something at that price is probably gonna take a while. Making sure you have great, detailed, pictures and even a video, can also help quite a bit.

Thanks for the response and unfortunately I know I'm stuck playing the waiting game. I have tons of pics posted and relisted it on eBay for the heck of it but I have a friend building me a bike so trades are iffy. But that is a very good idea otherwise.
This isn't really the place to be discussing this... but have you tried Reverb? It's still fairly new, but I've had a ton of luck with it over the past few weeks. Fees to use it are also half of what you'd pay on eBay, and it's free to list. Worth a shot, at least
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com