Schecter Hellraiser Extreme C-1 E (South Korea)

Pickups: EMG 81/89R
Neck/Construction/Shape: Maple.Walnut Multi-ply/Neck-Thru/Thin ‘C’
Controls: Volume/Volume (Push-Pull)/Tone/3-Way Switch
Top Material: Quilted Maple

Blackjack SLS C-1 A (South Korea)

Pickups: Seymour Duncan BlackOuts AHB-1/BlackOuts AHB-1
Neck/Construction/Shape: Maple 3-pc/Set-Neck/Ultra Thin ‘C’
Controls: Volume/Volume/Tone/3-Way Switch
Top Material: Arched Top

The rest of the specs are pretty much the same for both instruments

I am using a Randall 45W head and my style of playing is drop tuning thrash/hardcore.
I dont care that much about the (Push-Pull) split coil or w/e on the neck pup of hellraiser's,just looking for a decent high gain sound with some kind of clarity for riffing.

So my questions are
1.is there a noticable sustain difference between the neck thru and the set neck construction for that kind of music?
2.Quilted Maple or Arched Top Material?
3.There is a difference of 300$ in their price.worth or not?

ps.pickups are a matter of personal choice lets dont make this another emg vs blackouts thread
Last edited by Staskw at Apr 21, 2014,
1. The difference between neck-thru and set neck will likely be negligible.
2. The difference in top material will also have almost no impact on tone. All that matters there is whichever one you think is hotter.
3. Ultimately this should be decided by you. Keep in mind what SLS stands for - Slim Line Series. The guitars are lighter, with slimmer bodies and necks, so they may feel very different. Hellraisers are quite a bit beefier. If you like shredder necks then pick up the SLS, but if you're like me and prefer something to really wrap your hand around, look into the Hellraiser.
Quote by samjbow
1. The difference between neck-thru and set neck will likely be negligible.
2. The difference in top material will also have almost no impact on tone. All that matters there is whichever one you think is hotter.
3. Ultimately this should be decided by you. Keep in mind what SLS stands for - Slim Line Series. The guitars are lighter, with slimmer bodies and necks, so they may feel very different. Hellraisers are quite a bit beefier. If you like shredder necks then pick up the SLS, but if you're like me and prefer something to really wrap your hand around, look into the Hellraiser.

ty for your help
Both Schecters will be good, absolutely love mine.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
My previous guitar was on EMG's and Wizard II neck so i think i'd like to keep the ultra thin neck profile and try out the Blackouts this time
Last edited by Staskw at Apr 21, 2014,
Well, if you already have an Ibanez with a thin neck, what is your reasoning behind buying another guitar? You could just replace the pickups in your Ibanez with Blackouts.

I'd also heavily consider doing the 18v mod to your EMG's if you haven't already. It costs the grand sum of a second 9v battery and a handful of battery clips to do the mod yet it makes a huge difference. You might really like running EMG's that way. In fact I actually prefer 18v modded EMG's to Blackouts.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 21, 2014,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Well, if you already have an Ibanez with a thin neck, what is your reasoning behind buying another guitar? You could just replace the pickups in your Ibanez with Blackouts.

I'd also heavily consider doing the 18v mod to your EMG's if you haven't already. It costs the grand sum of a second 9v battery and a handful of battery clips to do the mod yet it makes a huge difference. You might really like running EMG's that way. In fact I actually prefer 18v modded EMG's to Blackouts.

Sold my guitar 2 weeks ago due to terrible edge 3 locking tremolo tuning/stability problems and thats the reason why i am checking hardtails right now

The 18v mod basically increases headroom and decreases compression on the EMGs while SD Blackouts are not as compressed as EMGs and they are designed to give max headroom on 9v.

BUT plz lets focus on the rest of the specs.pickups are a matter of personal choice
Then It's up to you which Schecter to get if you're set on only getting a Schecter, even though I think they're overrated, but that's just me.

Neither guitar is objectively any better than the other.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Then It's up to you which Schecter to get if you're set on only getting a Schecter, even though I think they're overrated, but that's just me.

Neither guitar is objectively any better than the other.

Did some research about high gain,heavy metal oriented,hardtail guitars and find out that those are the best deal with active pups around 1300-1600$.Beyond Schecter there are LTD,BC Rich models geared with EMG's around 1000$

few examples are:
ESP LTD H-1001FM
BC Rich Pro X Warlock

I am actually an ST shape body lover but warlock's design is driving me nuts ,V shape,warrior etc models are not my type rly
Last edited by Staskw at Apr 22, 2014,