Poll: What religion solicits itself the most to you?
Poll Options
View poll results: What religion solicits itself the most to you?
Christian
54 52%
Muslim
4 4%
Buddhist
9 9%
Other
16 16%
The Worldwide Baptised of UG
20 19%
Voters: 103.
Page 1 of 2
So somehow at my college, Buddhists are the new Mormons on campus. Some guy just approached me and offered me a bunch of Buddhist literature and asked me to do a Buddhist prayer with him.

We also have some guy who yells at people all day in the middle of campus calling us sinners and stuff saying we can be saved.

I don't give a rampant arsking about being approached by religions but what religious denomination has tendency to talk to you guys the most?
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.
I thought Buddhism was was supposed to teach humility and to not shove their beliefs in other peoples faces.

But yeah, for me there is a Christian wielding a microphone and a picket sign on every major street.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 21, 2014,
Usually the only nutjobs preaching on my campus are the really small minority Christian denominations.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Mostly atheists.

I just do the same as for everyone else. Offer them a cup of tea and a biscuit, and pretend that what they say is really important and life changing.
Quote by sickman411
S-Gsus wept
Where do you go to school TS?

Probably Mormons. But honestly, I've talked to religious proselytizers a handful of times in my life. Typically about 5 seconds to say "No thanks."
^lol Mormons... So, my house has no stairs at the front but still has a door... They still knocked one time. Felt so awkward having some dude's head right at your feet trying to look up at you and sell mormonism haha
Quote by sickman411
S-Gsus wept
none, thankfully
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Mostly fanatic "christians" who are easy to spot from a mile off and easy to avoid.
I've only been approached by a Buddhist once, and we ended up having a fantastically interesting conversation for about 45 minutes. I bought him coffee from a street vendor and we sat and talked. Of all the belief systems, theirs I find the most relatable to personally and take quite an interest in.
Quote by snappedstrings6
So somehow at my college, Buddhists are the new Mormons on campus. Some guy just approached me and offered me a bunch of Buddhist literature and asked me to do a Buddhist prayer with him.

Never heard of an evangelical Buddhist before...
*Islam not Muslim

but yeah, I've had a surprising number of people try and convert me to Islam in the past few years. I told one that I was Hindu and she said "Oh well you look like you would be such a nice Muslim girl and you would be a good housewife" and then I realized she wanted me to marry her son who I knew from elsewhere so that was a bit funny.
cat
Christians, but I'm not confronted about religion very often.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
They can all be as bad as each other. To be honest though I don't get solicited by them that often.
Those people are incredibly bad at buddhism if they're proselytizing.

Christians and atheists are the most annoying.
I selected Buddhist because I read a few of their scriptures and enjoyed the idea, but not about to follow the lifestyle. It doesn't require all that meditation, and I'm not sure if there's a spirit. And I tried vegan for two years and no bad idea.
Quote by bradulator
Those people are incredibly bad at buddhism if they're proselytizing.

Christians and atheists are the most annoying.

look, brad made a good post
Recently it's been Muslims tryna get me to sign up

i had to buy some book off a buddhist once because he stopped me in the street, i figured i could give him the £2 or whatever it would be for his wank book and then he wanted a fiver for it and i'd already said i'd buy it

#pain
>reciting Buddhist mantras with dudes off the street

Hahaha. Does he think it's some voodoo magic or sth
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
The Christians, specifically the Mormon part. They don't like me much, so they annoy me as much as they possibly can.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Quote by MakinLattes
No one ever solicits me.

not for religious reasons at least
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Christians always come to my door, even when my neighborhood prohibits soliciting. So annoying. I don't care what you believe, just don't force it down my throat
Quote by seanlang01
Where do you go to school TS?

Probably Mormons. But honestly, I've talked to religious proselytizers a handful of times in my life. Typically about 5 seconds to say "No thanks."

Central Michigan. The guy I in the aforementioned story was out with a big ass backpack full of scripture in the middle of campus earlier today
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.
I always thought Buddhists were way too chilled out to convert people, because they actually took things like free will and live and let live seriously.
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
I'm cringing at the thought of white college future-unemployed going around trying to be buddhists. Have they considered lighting themselves on fire yet?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Westboro baptist church... they solicit my rage
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
I had a letter from some muslim group once. Never spoke to a christian or anyone else around here that was actually soliciting, so I voted muslim.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Pretty much the only religious groups that I see actively stopping people in the street/going up to people's front doors and soliciting their crap are Christians/Jehovah's Witnesses. There's usually a table set up on one of the high streets in Birmingham with a few Muslim folk sitting at it, who look suspiciously like the hate speech kind, based on the slogans on their leaflets/posters, but they don't actually go up to people and harass them - the worst I've seen is them arguing with some kids, who probably went up to cause trouble anyway.

Never seen any other religions trying to harass people though.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Pretty much the only religious groups that I see actively stopping people in the street/going up to people's front doors and soliciting their crap are Christians/Jehovah's Witnesses. There's usually a table set up on one of the high streets in Birmingham with a few Muslim folk sitting at it, who look suspiciously like the hate speech kind, based on the slogans on their leaflets/posters, but they don't actually go up to people and harass them - the worst I've seen is them arguing with some kids, who probably went up to cause trouble anyway.

Never seen any other religions trying to harass people though.

but have you ever learned the true meaning of islam?

my toronto friends know

hmu if u agre
Quote by Thrashtastic15
but have you ever learned the true meaning of islam?

my toronto friends know

hmu if u agre

Alas, I have not.
Struggling to actually understand wtf is happening in that video, but from what I can gather by the comments - street preacher walked into crowd watching a busker, and started preaching?

If I was the busker, I'd be pretty pissed off and either unplug the preacher guy's amp, or twat him one with it
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Struggling to actually understand wtf is happening in that video, but from what I can gather by the comments - street preacher walked into crowd watching a busker, and started preaching?

If I was the busker, I'd be pretty pissed off and either unplug the preacher guy's amp, or twat him one with it

there are literally always preachers there though, so busker should know whats up.
Page 1 of 2