Hey I have a prs se 22 and im looking for a pickup change. I really like the tone out of alter bridge and was wondering what pickups would be recommended for that tone
Seymour Duncan SH-11, that's what Myles uses in the bridge position of his PRS axes.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Quote by tonehunter1992
it doesnt ship to canada unfortunately

Order them directly from PRS
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Order them directly from PRS

just not sure if thats the right pickup for a custom 22 style guitar , i might put one of those or a 500t in a les paul style at some point (the 500t is what it was modelled after) but i think the sh-11 might suit the prs more
Quote by tonehunter1992
just not sure if thats the right pickup for a custom 22 style guitar , i might put one of those or a 500t in a les paul style at some point (the 500t is what it was modelled after) but i think the sh-11 might suit the prs more

You could go for a Pearly Gates pickup for the neck (Seymour Duncan site recommendation). SH-1 is never a bad choice either... I like the sound of that specific pickup a lot.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by tonehunter1992

Why? Tremonti plays PRS Customs besides his sig guitars. The PRS HFS is an awesome pickup, but it is pretty pricey.

But what ever you decide good luck. I'm on a pickup hunt and it is either a BKP Nailbomb or a Creamery 83
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
What amplifier are you playing out of tonehunter1992? It's important for us to know so we can tell what relationship the pickup will have to the amp. Helps us recommend something to get a closer sound.
Im playing through a traynor ycs90 2x12 combo (think jcm 2000) but I have many different pedals I use to get it into mesa territory and anywhere in between. Right now I have a les pul with 57 classics and a strat with a tone zone in the bridge. I Like the route that the tone zone took me but i want something more modern voiced for the prs
the custom custom does seem to fit what I want , anyone have any experience with it ? or comparison to the duncan distortion or anything else?
im just very torn haha , the custom , custom custom and distortion all are pretty enticing i just can decide
If you're amp is hot and ballsy like a JCM2000, I'd go with the Distortion to try and get more of that natural saturation out of the amp. Alter Bridge has that very smooth, saturated sound that the glorious Bogner Shiva gives.
yeah the distortion looks interesting as well , sigh. IM a freak when it come to changing out pups. Ill spend days of scouring youtube videos to decide.