hey guy i'm new to this and i don't know if this is gonna be a stupid question or not but anyway here goes

I'm looking into getting a guitar that has coil-tapping. I'm just wondering if i were to get this guitar would there be anyway i would be able remove it from the guitar or would i just have to have the coil-tapping on the guitar.

Thanks in advance
You can certainly replace the pots to eliminate coil-tapping on it. However, it's unnecessary. Just keep the knobs pushed down at all times and you'll get the full humbucker sound. The only reason you'd really need/want to change them is if you wanted some hotter pots, such at 750k's for a brighter and less restricted sound.

Might as well keep them, though. I'm not a huge fan of coil-taps myself, but it does give you more sounds, and more sounds is never bad.
Quote by JustRooster
You can certainly replace the pots to eliminate coil-tapping on it. However, it's unnecessary. Just keep the knobs pushed down at all times and you'll get the full humbucker sound. The only reason you'd really need/want to change them is if you wanted some hotter pots, such at 750k's for a brighter and less restricted sound.

Might as well keep them, though. I'm not a huge fan of coil-taps myself, but it does give you more sounds, and more sounds is never bad.

+1 I installed coil taps into my guitar and i love it, if it comes with it do NOT remove it because itll run you a bit of cash to do it over again if you desire. I wouldnt get rid of them for anything, makes cleans so much more versatile, and your overall sound as well. Great for punk stuff where you need that choppy, highly accented notes if you get what i mean. And if you don't want to use it just dont. No harm to your sound at all
-Main Gear-
ESP Ltd V-401 + D Activator N&B
De Armond/Guild 2000 M72 Bluesbird w/ USA Toastertops
Peavey JSX & XXL
Mesa Boogie Rectifier Vertical 2x12
Airis Effects Savage Drive
Quote by JustRooster

that was really useful made my choice alot easier thank you for your help
coil splitting =/= coil tapping btw
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Quote by The Judist
coil splitting =/= coil tapping btw

hahahahha i know i wrote coil splitting first then changed it to tapping