Hey, ive been looking for a new amp for awhle and ive noticed many amps share EQs, is this a hindrance live? specifically the one im looking at (blackstar series one 1046l6) has the clean/crunch sharing one and the rhythm/lead sharing one. Would this be a problem or does this usually work out ok? Just wondering thoughts! Thanks!
-Main Gear-
ESP Ltd V-401 + D Activator N&B
De Armond/Guild 2000 M72 Bluesbird w/ USA Toastertops
Peavey JSX & XXL
Mesa Boogie Rectifier Vertical 2x12
Airis Effects Savage Drive
Not really, no. On some amps it will be a hassle because the two channels are voiced a lot differently but in this case it won't matter a lot, if at all. You have separate EQ's where it matters.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Not really, no. On some amps it will be a hassle because the two channels are voiced a lot differently but in this case it won't matter a lot, if at all. You have separate EQ's where it matters.

Ok good, so really just set the cleans how you like, then the rhythm and the crunch/lead will just follow?
-Main Gear-
ESP Ltd V-401 + D Activator N&B
De Armond/Guild 2000 M72 Bluesbird w/ USA Toastertops
Peavey JSX & XXL
Mesa Boogie Rectifier Vertical 2x12
Airis Effects Savage Drive
Pretty much. Once you are used to the amp you'll find settings that work well for both modes. You may have to make some small compromises but not enough to really matter. You don't just set it for one and hope for the best, you jump back and forwards and tweak until you find the best compromise.
My Randall is the first amp I've gigged with that had separate EQ's per channel but it needs it because the modules for each channel are so radically different. On all my other amps I didn't have a problem at all. Once you are familiar with the amp you'll find the settings that work for you.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification