So I just did a trade recently for my RG927 for a loaded Randall RM100 and a H&K CC412 with G12M Blackbacks in it (looking to move them) and two nonamed speakers labeled 12-G75-16A. No label on the back and there's not much info on the net about them. Some say Celestion some say Eminence. Idk, here's some pictures with my Baron.

I'll be modding the plexi module into an UltraXL module in a few days. These amps are good fun to tinker with.

Only thing missing in the picture is my Bogner 4x12 at our practice space.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Nice! Happy new modular amp day! I recently got a RM20 myself. I'm really digging it and looking forward to starting a module collection. I have the Blackface module to start and it is the finest, classiest clean I've ever strummed (that I've owned).
It seems the mts amps are more popular now than ever. I'm surprised there's not a current, dedicated thread yet, you should start one.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
great, everyone is getting an RM after they have been discontinued. gotta admit they are an attractive concept, always wanted to try one.

looks like you just have the stock modules, you think they'd give you a little more variety instead of a handful of fender based modules (sorry, i still consider the plexi a version of the 5F6-A)

i'd think they'd do at least one high gain module on there.

oh, and HNGD
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Thanks to some folks here at GG&A I've been GAS'ing very hard for an RM for a few weeks now, but I'm almost broke ATM. This thread didn't help cheering me up.

HNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Hey, it's Kyle.

Bought an RM100 combo not that long ago, myself. I'm running a Tweed, a Mash-all+ and a Markus

HNAD
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^ damn these salvation mod module names are amazing

Happy NAD man, have fun with it and post clips!
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
hnad
Those RM heads are huge looking
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
They're friggin ginormous. It's the way the power transformer is mounted. It's not flat mounted, it's mounted end on. Well it has to be, gotta make room for the module carrier.
My combo uses the same chassis. The footprint is the size of the top of a 1960A cab. It's the height of the head that makes it look so big, and that's the PT doing that.

Edit: You can see it in the top photo. They are generous with the ventilation gap but that's a good thing. It's so American - "just make it bigger."
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Apr 22, 2014,
Noice! Another one on here. We need to start a club.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hey guys and thanks. Yeah I've been on and off with the mts Amps since about 06'. (I think my RM50C was one of the first threads I ever made haha.) They are really fun and easy to mod. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to get a Marshal tone stack going on with the Plexi so that I can start adjusting it to sound like my Baron .

I'll try writing a review tonight. But for now.. the Blackface is stupid clean and sounds good, not a fan of the deluxe and the Plexi just isn't my style. The blackback speakers really sound great aand the other speakers sound good as well. They're a little bright and scooped but the blackbacks are totally opposit so the tone is huge.

Edit: what style clips do you guys want?
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Last edited by kylendm at Apr 22, 2014,
Quote by kylendm

Edit: what style clips do you guys want?

Can you do one with a crunchy tone from the plexi with a single coil or p90 guitar? The Mash all+ is at the top of my wishlist but its a bit out of my budget right now unless I can find a cheaper used one. I want a crunchy Marshallish tone to compliment my blackface cleans.

Can the blackface module be modded for a lil more grit?
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I'll have to look at the circuit. I'm sure it could but those modules don't go into high gain territory.

I have no single coil or p90 equipped Guitars but I'll record some stuff with split coiled hamburgers.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by lucky1978
Can you do one with a crunchy tone from the plexi with a single coil or p90 guitar? The Mash all+ is at the top of my wishlist but its a bit out of my budget right now unless I can find a cheaper used one. I want a crunchy Marshallish tone to compliment my blackface cleans.

Can the blackface module be modded for a lil more grit?

If you want more break up you can cut out R7 on the module. Added a good bit more gain to my Plexi module. Also adding a capacitor to c7 would add some more gain too.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by Cathbard
They're friggin ginormous. It's the way the power transformer is mounted. It's not flat mounted, it's mounted end on. Well it has to be, gotta make room for the module carrier.
My combo uses the same chassis. The footprint is the size of the top of a 1960A cab. It's the height of the head that makes it look so big, and that's the PT doing that.

Edit: You can see it in the top photo. They are generous with the ventilation gap but that's a good thing. It's so American - "just make it bigger."

Yep we like big things over here. If it was made by you guys, it'd kill you
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by kylendm
If you want more break up you can cut out R7 on the module. Added a good bit more gain to my Plexi module. Also adding a capacitor to c7 would add some more gain too.

thanks! Seems easy enough, think I'll give that a try.

I'm pretty noob with electronics, it looks like my c7 already has a capacitor on it. Do you mean add another or a bigger one? Maybe the previous owner already modded it?
Last edited by lucky1978 at Apr 22, 2014,
Sorry, the layout of the board changed throughout the years. I was looking at a silver face one. The blackface one you would add a elec cap at C3. Looks they moved where R7 used to be as well. So i wouldn't follow cutting R7 if you have a newer version of the board.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by Robbgnarly
Yep we like big things over here. If it was made by you guys, it'd kill you

So... are ENGL's smaller because they have a more efficient vent system?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Do you have the schematic for the modules, Kyle? I haven't been able to find one.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3602793/module%20schematics.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3602793/SL_1.pdf

Keep in mind modules have gone through revisions and such so these aren't 100% accurate. You're best off drawing it out yourself imo.

This can be a little helpful as well.
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=16956
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
That'll be fine. Thanks. I did mod one module but I had very little to work with. That should help a lot next time.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Sure thing
Clips tomorrow.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Mine:

Well, the top of it anyway. No point showing the cab, you know what the combo looks like. It's the top part that matters.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Nice Cath, how do you think the Markus and mashall hold up to the real deal?
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Pretty good, especially the Mash-all. It never leaves the jcm800 setting really. The plexi mode is like a nicer version of the Randall plexi module. The JVM is pretty faithful to the red channel on a JVM. ie. rubbish. It also has a Jose mod mode too. It's like the Randall Brown module but with more definition and less blanket over the speaker,

The Markus is very Mark2'ish. It's hard to dial in like a Mark too. I've only just started to get it how I like. Given a bit of time I reckon I'll get a damn fine Santana tone. On mine he didn't include the clean switch, he gave me a bass extender like a 2C instead. He knew I only wanted it for higher gain lead tones.
He may actually have dropped the clean switch altogether, not sure. He makes a Mesa clean module based on the Lonestar. If you wanted clean Mesa that'd be the one. I use the Tweed for my cleans. It's glorious.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Welcome to the randall club! congrats
Guitars:
Esp Ec-1000 VB with Emg 81/60
Esp ec-1000 Snow White with SD Jb/Jazz
Esp ltd f-50
Amp:
Randall rd-20h
Randall rd112-v30
Pedals:
Digitech rp-1000
Thanks guys and yeah right now I'm trying to get ahold of the jf cali lead, an slo based module and probably either the S1SO or the jf trilogy. I've owned about 6 5150/6505s in my life and It would be awesome if the modules could get close to the real thing.

I've never been a fan of the mark series (or rectos) but that mashall sounds really good from what I've heard.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
The Mash-all+ is the mainstay in my rig. That's the module that gets the most work by far. Mine also has noise gate built in. You can ask for that as an option but really, you'd only need it for the JVM mode, so I leave it off. I only have it because it was one he had ready to go that was already in Australia so I didn't have to wait.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Apr 23, 2014,
So I just made a clip of the Plexi module (modded the R25) and I figured I'd share it. Don't judge my killer solo. This was also using that vintage blackback G12M 75hz speaker which honestly I think sounds pretty awesome once you get the mic position right.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3602793/plexi.mp3
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Last edited by kylendm at Apr 24, 2014,
Here's a quick clip I knocked up (ie. the playing is shit. ). It's the Tweed with gain low, followed by the 2203 mode on the Mash-all followed bythe Markus. Not very happy with the tone of the Markus in it, I have it dialed in much better now. It will give you a rough idea though.
The reverb you can hear on there is a quadraverb ib the parallel loop.
That's just the two G12T75's that came with it.

https://soundcloud.com/ruff-reddy/rm1000-test2

Edit: guitar is my Yamaha SG with pups from a Les Paul Custom.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification