Tried changing the strings on my floyd equipped guitar today to heavier strings...

It was successful, kind of....

Every string is now on there, with the exception of the high E which unfortunately popped off somehow...

The bridge is parallel to the body on both sides, which surprised me cause there is no longer a high E....

This was my first time doing this, and i think the only place i ****ed up was when I had the trem blocked with the control plate from the back and when all of the new strings were on, I took the trem block out before tuning the strings. They also werent that stretched either.

I already know how to intonate a floyd, as well as set the action by turning the pivot points on the side with the allen key.

Basically what I want to know is what i will need to do when i put a new high E strong on...

Will I have to just adjust the spring tension on the treble strings side? Should i unlock all of the locking nuts pieces so that i can tune the guitar in case it goes shit out of tune?

Im a noob at this and im really confused. Thanks in advance!
this is what the stickey says. front page or every page. not trying to be an ass, but look through here https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226 and come back.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by DeathShredder23
Tried changing the strings on my floyd equipped guitar today to heavier strings...

It was successful, kind of....

Every string is now on there, with the exception of the high E which unfortunately popped off somehow...

The bridge is parallel to the body on both sides, which surprised me cause there is no longer a high E....

This was my first time doing this, and i think the only place i ****ed up was when I had the trem blocked with the control plate from the back and when all of the new strings were on, I took the trem block out before tuning the strings. They also werent that stretched either.

I already know how to intonate a floyd, as well as set the action by turning the pivot points on the side with the allen key.

Basically what I want to know is what i will need to do when i put a new high E strong on...

Will I have to just adjust the spring tension on the treble strings side? Should i unlock all of the locking nuts pieces so that i can tune the guitar in case it goes shit out of tune?

Im a noob at this and im really confused. Thanks in advance!

to answer you your question is that a level deck is what you want. think of it like tug-of-war, where the strings fight against the springs. they have to be balanced. then you will have a flat deck.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Apr 22, 2014,
Im still confused. Can you just answer my question please? What will I have to do if I want to put a high E string on without ****ing up the rest of the strings?
where did the small string "pop"? bridge in the floyd? did you accidentally use a tuning peg with the string locked down? braking at the nut?

is there another issues at all?

i gave you a link to show you everything possible. if you can't figure that out with a few more posts, go to a shop. odds that they will show how to do it proper for $10 or possibility free.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Just put the new string on and stretch em all out. No biggie.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY