What do you do when that solo you have been working on for a while turns into a trainwreck or you unplug our guitar accidentally? I also wouldn't mind hearing some of those horror stories!
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
I would judge myself till the end of time.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
if I **** up my actual playing (sing off key, wrong chord, off time, etc) I just ignore it and keep going, since there's a real good chance nobody actually noticed.

If I trip over a cable, unplug my guitar, etc, I just ignore it and keep going since its fairly obvious EVERYONE noticed, but there's nothing that can be done.
Maybe it's only the musicians that notice the small things?
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
I'll make faces if I miss/mess up a part. Or if I notice that somebody noticed that I messed up then I'll stare at them with a wide-eyed half serious facial expression for a second until I get my bearings. idk its kinda what ive always done.
We'll I've been playing bass in this band I joined so I've come to realize I'm the invisible man with my mistakes. In a way I can do no wrong because my wrongs aren't noticed, even by other musicians...generally.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Continue on and own it. Even the best make mistakes.

You could stop if you're solo performing, make a goofy joke about it and then quickly continue on.

Or from that point on make it a total grunge fest.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
You know, they always say mistakes in live performances go unnoticed, but they always seem to stand out very much for me when they happen.
The other day i played a gig and i screwed something up, so i just kind of stopped, let the rest of the band continue then just picked up again once i regained my bearings a few bars later. If i'm playing acoustic i try to carry on, but if it's so bad that it makes me stop i usually kind of laugh it off and pick up again.

I used to pull faces, and still do occasionally, but i don't come down as hard on myself as i used to as i have just learned to accept that everyone makes mistakes, but if you don't let it knock your confidence, it makes it easier to recover.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Apr 22, 2014,
Laugh for a sec, realize no one in the crowd really ever notices when the lead guitarist messes up, finish show, bang my girlfriend.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I completely ****ed a up a solo i spent months learning. It wasnt too bad I just improvised until I was back in time with the band and carried on. The only person to notice was my best friend who told me off for "show boating."
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Put down your guitar in the middle of whatever you're doing, undo your pants and s*** all over it. Works every time.
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.
Piss myself; people will quickly be distracted.

No actually I just carry on where I left off if it's an original (people don't tend to notice much) or pretend I'm improvising something new if it's a cover
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

If you mess up live then give up on life cause everyone noticed and thinks youre terrible and should just die. No but seriously though who cares even the big bands **** up all the time, I saw bodom recently and the singer completely went off time, told everyone to stop, and started the next part and it sounded awesome.
Back at my band's "first gig" at the old high school talent show, I got hammered drinking rum in the bathroom with the bassist and drummer and I managed to unplug my cable 3 times in front of like 200-250 people.
I knock everyone out and set the place on fire to dispose of witnesses
If I mess up Live I just revert from last save point or restart the program again.

#snazzwouldbeproud

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Jyrgen
I knock everyone out and set the place on fire to dispose of witnesses

That's pretty efficient.
I once played a gig totally fkin drunk and stoned as a demon.

My guitar cable unplugged like 3 times from my amp, my fingers absolutely didn't follow what I wanted to play and for the last 3 songs I tuned my low E to Eb instead of D (so I was only a half step away from drop D).

Afterwards I talked to some friends in the crowd.

Nobody noticed a thing. I wasn't sure if I should be glad or ashamed. But when you get through a fiasco like this, there's not much that can surprise you on stage anymore. And it teaches you a lesson.
Last edited by Zordon at May 3, 2014,