Page 1 of 7
A theory with more evidence than a lot of religions...
Quote by entity0009
This is obviously linked to the increase in teen pregnancy: Dad dicks are getting smaller so they are forced to find younger, tighter mothers.

Quote by willT08
everyone's the main guy in their own story
Quote by behind_you
well the big bang is just a theory

Theory does not mean what you think it means.

[what you're thinking of is hypothesis, a theory is actually supported by evidence and considered fact until proven otherwise, the reason you can't actually prove this theory is because "proof" is a mathematical term and many things just can't (yet) be proven by math]
I remember my science/astronomy teacher in high school didn't believe in it.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
terrible show
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I gave ur mum a big bang
I'm gonna suffer for the rest of my life

But I will always find a way to survive
I don't' think those results are truly representative. I think people's interpretations of the results are at least inaccurate.

The article itself says that only 51% really question the big bang theory. These may be people who basically accept it as true but may still be skeptical because they grew up with traditional religious explanations for why the universe exists. Furthermore, they may believe in the general idea of the big bang theory but may still question it because there is so much to be explained. The article doesn't go in depth or explain the procedures used to get these results, it's sample size, etc.

Of course, there really are people who just don't believe it at all. I'm just not convinced that that makes up 70% of America.

The show really is bad.
Is there any stats on the amount of people that follow traditional cults *cough* religions?
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by azrael667
Theory does not mean what you think it means.

[what you're thinking of is hypothesis, a theory is actually supported by evidence and considered fact until proven otherwise, the reason you can't actually prove this theory is because "proof" is a mathematical term and many things just can't (yet) be proven by math]

I truly believe 70% of Americans think the bing bang theory isn't a fact because they are too ignorant to understand the definition of a science theory. Yet these people are allowed to vote and run the government that controls all of america? It's ridiculous IMO.
Big crunch or bust.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Lol, Americans
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
I don't believe the Big Bang I don't claim it's false, but I don't understand it at all and I don't particularly feel as though a scientific claim as to how the world began really provides a meaningful answer to us about the origin of either existence or consciousness
They didn't poll my entire country so its a sample size of the population they were able to poll. So its actually 30 percent of their polled population doesn't believe in it.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
fixed.

Wrong, Take a look at the FSM mate

less pirates = global warming

It's fact.
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
im so tired of ******s talking about sample size when they don't even understand how sampling works
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
pretty sure that if a survey was carried out where everyone asked was aware of and understood the evidence for the big bang then >99% would agree.
so yes, this result is expected as the general public are ignorant to science and how it works
Last edited by bass_man_dan at Apr 22, 2014,
Just because there is some evidence that supports the hypothesis, it doesn't mean that it is 100% certain that the big bang happened. It's just the best theory explaining the facts right now. If some people doubt it, they are perfectly in their right to. if they say it''s downright impossible, then you should totally crucify them.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang I don't claim it's false, but I don't understand it at all and I don't particularly feel as though a scientific claim as to how the world began really provides a meaningful answer to us about the origin of either existence or consciousness

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/personal-incredulity

It's not meant to provide meaning, just explain existence scientifically. The real religious question is and always will be what caused the big bang.
Big bang has been a better way of explaining the beginning of the universe so far than any other, so that's what I believe. I'm not things that nobody can confirm though, such as, is the big bang the beginning of everything for the first time, or has this been something like a cycle (I know universe is now expanding, so it might not be a reasonable thing, but perhaps) since -infinity.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
I watched a show the other day where it said a fair few scientists don't believe in the big bang theory. They were providing alternate theories throughout it.
The Big Bang seems like a pretty out-there theory to me, but it's still much more plausible than creation.

A superior entity created all of life, or it's spawned billions of years after all matter is ejected from an infinitely dense "center."

Not the best options.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I'm in a state of constant disappointment with Americans.

On the sample issue, I think it matters in the US more than anywhere else, they are probably the most diverse country in the world when it comes to answering the most simple questions. Results in the Midwest, the South, the North would all be entirely different.
Israel is a terrorist state.