I can't speak english very well.sorry.

Anyway...I have Boss Ns-2.(noise gate?)But I hate it.

It's work when not playing!

I want work when playing!(I want cut "distortion underneath noise".)

So I play internet search.

I find "Isp decimator pedal and Hush pedal".(noise expander?)

Is it work when playing?
I haven't tried the hush but the decimator doesn't cut noise (at least the way I set it) when you're playing either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
All noise should be cut and reduced as much as possible from the source. After that, THEN you use a noise gate.

A noise gate only determines when you're playing or not by basically setting a threshold that is louder than the noise and quieter than your playing. If the noise to signal ratio is narrow then you will have a lot of noise in your signal regardless of what you do.

There are gates that do some filtering to cut out the noise, but noise gates can affect your signal quality.
^ the noise gates that filter out the noise aren't really gates.
The ones who cut your signal when the level goes below a certain level (threshold) are the gates.

Also, a noise gate is half an expander.
An expander works by making quieter the signal under a certain threshold and making louder the signals over a certain (different) threshold, and the noise gate is the one that makes significantly quieter the signals below a certain level, which should be the noise level.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.