Hey everyone, my brother just bought a new epiphone eb-3, and the action is strangely high, especially towards the higher frets. I believe this is still the factory setup, because it was not setup in store to my knowledge.

Here is a picture of the bridge. I was told it may have to be lopsided like that to keep the strings straight, but I'm thinking this is causing the trouble with the action. I'm not great with guitar repair, I only do very basic things (such as string changes and basic cleaning).

Am I able to fix this on my own, or should I bring it in for service?

Picture: http://i.imgur.com/JUzM775.jpg
No, it shouldn't be tilted like that, you adjust it by turning those big screws and you'll need to tighten the treble side to make it level. See how that is, then look into doing a proper setup by reading up online. If this sounds like too much effort then yes take it in for a setup, though it really isn't very hard.
Quote by Manton Customs
No, it shouldn't be tilted like that, you adjust it by turning those big screws and you'll need to tighten the treble side to make it level. See how that is, then look into doing a proper setup by reading up online. If this sounds like too much effort then yes take it in for a setup, though it really isn't very hard.

How high is the bridge supposed to be? If I'm going to adjust it, can I simply loosen the strings and lower / raise it? Or do I have to take the strings off entirely?
Last edited by user943 at Apr 22, 2014,
After attempting to raise the treble side of the bass, I noticed it wasn't really doing anything, and then I discovered what seems to be the real problem. One of the 3 pegs holding in the bridge seems to be coming out of the body... I assume I'll just be sending it into the shop at this point... Can anyone offer any feedback?

http://i.imgur.com/NPwt8EU.jpg
Definitely return that bass. If the socket is pulling out of the body, it could be a defect that should have been caught before the bass left the factory.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Send it back. Epis are notorious for QA issues. and those three point bridges have been known to pop off though I haven't seen one with that much of an issue out of the factory Good luck!
I bought it 2 weeks ago and seem to be only catching this now... I hope its not a big problem upon returning it.

Thanks for the help everyone!