Page 1 of 3
do you think ug will ever die or something
like 60 years from now will we all be sitting in nursing homes still posting in the pit
¯\_()_/¯
I'm going to upload my brain onto here when my body no longer has a purpose.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
As long as guitars are still cool UG wont die

UG's biggest enemies are the copyright things taking tabs off the site
ggg1 ggg3

The pit has survived Communism, David Cameron's reign of terror, Bird Flu and Storm Worm.

I think we will be ok for another couple of decades.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
7 years ago there was twice as much activity in the forums. reddit killed ultimate guitar.

And when reddit suicides, UG will still be here.
There will be new mods, new users, etc.
It will definitely be a lot slower, more shit threads (cause lets face it, we are already running out of ideas for threads),

and I guess the new users will be like "2030 kids" and they will all listen to crappy music, and will not even play guitar or any instruments, just Macs.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at Apr 22, 2014,
I think it'll be here in some form or another, but I doubt many of us will continue to post here.
A lot of message boards have suffered because of social media and reddit. UG's no exception. There were subforums in decline here when I joined but now most are either dead or on their last legs. The Pit was about three times as active in 2009, by my estimation.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Malchius
I think it'll be here in some form or another, but I doubt many of us will continue to post here.

I tried leaving.

Failed miserably.
Quote by duncang
A lot of message boards have suffered because of social media and reddit. UG's no exception. There were subforums in decline here when I joined but now most are either dead or on their last legs. The Pit was about three times as active in 2009, by my estimation.

Is there any way we can get the numbers up? Maybe do advertisements for the Pit on the UG main page?
Quote by Philip_pepper
I tried leaving.

Failed miserably.

Ive left 3 or 4 times. Longest I made it was half a year maybe
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Godsmack_IV
7 years ago there was twice as much activity in the forums. reddit killed ultimate guitar.
Yeah, but it took most of the more obnoxious types away.
Quote by seanlang01
Yeah, but it took most of the more obnoxious types away.

lol no it didn't
Back when I started lurking in 2008 it wasn't uncommon to see 900+ users in The Pit during the evenings. UG has seriously dwindled since then.
I pride myself on my humility.
The Pit will bleed for 1000 years and not die.
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Is there any way we can get the numbers up? Maybe do advertisements for the Pit on the UG main page?

Maybe, but things have moved on and message boards are old hat now. You can only stem the decline or offer something that people want and can't get anywhere else.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
By the end of the year ug will be completly populated by bronies, accept your adorable colorful equine overlords!
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Everything will slowly die in the heath death of the universe.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by losing battle
By the end of the year ug will be completly populated by bronies, accept your adorable colorful equine overlords!

The brony fad was biggest in like 2011, it's pretty much died down to them only posting in their thread and some of the people who used to be bronies finally shaved their neckbeards and threw away their fedoras so they don't have those avatars anymore
You will see the light, hail Celestia!
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by losing battle
You will see the light, hail Celestia!

hail cthulhu bitch.
¯\_()_/¯
Quote by losing battle

Bronies are worse than hitler.
At least Hitler had some dignity.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Quote by Nameless742
Bronies are worse than hitler.
At least Hitler had some dignity.

yes but that was mostly due to him being allied with cthulhu for a few years before cthulhu realized crazy hitler was
¯\_()_/¯
Quote by CaptainCanti
hail cthulhu bitch.

What's chtulu gonna do when the mighty Celestia banishes him to the moon! Hail Celestia!
Quote by joshua garcia

Quote by guitar0player
new shit has come to light since the boards were the place to be.
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth
Quote by CaptainCanti
hail cthulhu bitch.

Quote by losing battle
What's chtulu gonna do when the mighty Celestia banishes him to the moon! Hail Celestia!

At this rate, you two will never get laid.
Quote by losing battle

because banishing someone to the moon worked so well the first time
¯\_()_/¯
I have definitely noticed a decline with the amount of users in the pit, it seems it's mainly a few people having an argument rather than a lot of people posting their thoughts or whatever.

I think a lot of us are quite hard on the newer guys in the pit though and that probably discourages them from posting, there's a certain type of humor which is kind of unique to the pit and I doubt many of them understand what's serious and what's just banter.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by Neo Evil11
Everything will slowly die in the heath death of the universe.

RIP in pepperoni, you crazy diamond.

I'll probably continue to lurk and post once every few weeks until my death.
Last edited by AmalgamOfMeat at Apr 22, 2014,
Quote by k.lainad
There will be new mods, new users, etc.
It will definitely be a lot slower, more shit threads (cause lets face it, we are already running out of ideas for threads),

and I guess the new users will be like "2030 kids" and they will all listen to crappy music, and will not even play guitar or any instruments, just Macs.

^^^
Pretty much that'll happen. Macbooks are going to make it really easy to churn out utter sh!t without an ounce of talent.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Page 1 of 3