Hi,

I have the option to buy a 2nd hand Rickenbacker 620. I've always wanted a Rickenbacker, and the fire glow painting makes me want it even more. The guy asks about $1300 for it, which to me seems a bit too much.

Then another guitar came up, a Fender USA Vintage '52 Telecaster (2001 model). Price is about the same ($1300) dollar. I've never had a Tele, but would love to own one.

A cheap alternative would be a Fender Japan Telecaster, 2004 model. This would cost me $500. I've never tried a Japanese Fender, so it would be sort of a guess.

Last option would be a Fender Aerodyne Japan, also around $500.

I'd love to have them all, but I can only buy one What would be the best deal?
The Rickenbackers are completely different animals from the Teles. If you really like the Ric that much go try it out and make sure you like the feel. There are some guitar techs that won't even touch them because they are so weird in their building techniques.

Yeah $1300 is a bit much for a used 620. You could probably talk him down to at least $1100 on it.

EDIT: Just realized it's a Fire Glow. $1300 is pretty fair but still try $1200.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Last edited by TheStig1214 at Apr 22, 2014,
yeah rics are nice but very niche. I'd only get one if I were sure I absolutely wanted and needed one. teles are arguably a lot more versatile.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Have you actually PLAYED any of these guitars?

They are very different, and playing them is the only way you can decide which guitar is best for you.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud