Hey guys,
I'm having some trouble with the intonation on the g string of my Les Paul. The 12th fret, both harmonic and fretted, is spot on with the open string, but when I fret an A on the second fret, it veers sharp. Moving the saddle fixes the fretted A, but knocks the rest of the notes on the string out of tune. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks
You will never get perfect intonation on a Gibson, or any guitar for that matter. Get it the best you can
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
You can't. Certain guitars have that. It's not something you can fix. It's the disadvantage of having a stringed instrument -- no perfect pitch.
The only way:

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
yeah generally what everyone else says, BUT being close to the head it could be the nut height. Is this the first set up of the guitar youre doing? I had a guitar I recently had to set up and the nut was too high out of the factory (as they always are). This caused the first few frets to be sharp as the string is pressed further down.

File down the nut (carefully) with nut files or better yet have a tech do it and it should sort out the issue. Also the playability will go through the roof, its insane.
Quote by Rick540
I play in drop F. When I chug on the 6th string the floor splits open and satan crawls out.
In addition to wwhat others have suggested, there are systems of compensated nuts, which partially address the problem. I don't know much about them, but the Feiten system is one; there are others that don't involve modifying the fretboard.

Try a Google on "compensated guitar nuts".
Last edited by Tony Done at Apr 23, 2014,