First of all, I've read the rules and whatnot and this seems to be the correct place, but if not, I'll take it down.

Anyway, the speaker on my amp (Line 6 Spider III) blew recently, and I can get a Celestion vintage 30 ordered and installed for $150. First, is that a good deal? Second, is it a good speaker? I play mostly metal through it, but I'll occasionally venture into other genres. So basically, should I go for this?
Answering your questions in order:
Not really a deal. A quick search on Guitar Center says the speaker is $145. So, that's the right price. If you do it (read the rest of the post), I'd say save yourself $5 and put it in yourself. All it takes is unscrewing a couple screws and reattaching some clips.

It is quite a good speaker, especially for metal. It's generally the go-to for metal.

Do not do it. It is not worth it with a Line 6 Spider. The amp is not good enough to get any sort of benefit out of a nice speaker like that. You would be much better off putting that $150 towards a better amp. I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear, but it's really just not worth it. Sorry :/
Quote by 50fitty
First of all, I've read the rules and whatnot and this seems to be the correct place, but if not, I'll take it down.

Anyway, the speaker on my amp (Line 6 Spider III) blew recently, and I can get a Celestion vintage 30 ordered and installed for $150. First, is that a good deal? Second, is it a good speaker? I play mostly metal through it, but I'll occasionally venture into other genres. So basically, should I go for this?

Don't waist your money. If you need a new speaker, find a used Line 6 amp speaker or Peavey Blue Marvel. These are made to be used with modeling amps.

If you really want to get a better speaker the Eminence Legend V12 is a very good speaker and it is $75. If you must have a V30 get a Hellatone 60 from www.avatarspeakers.com they are V30's that are broken in and run $99 each

But I wouldn't spend to much on a speaker

Are you 100% sure it is the speaker and not the amp?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate