Hey guys,

Hopefully you guys can help me. I recently purchased a Fender 60W SuperSonic amp and love it! Unfortunately, I've encountered an issue when it comes to the effects loop. Although this is my first time owning an amp with an effects loop, I believe I understand the basic principles of it. The problem I'm facing when attempting to use the effects loops versus sending my guitar signal through my pedals and then the amp is that I'm getting a very low output volume. Like VERY low. The ideal way I wanted my rig to be set up was for my guitar to be plugged directly into the amp, set with a light overdrive and my complete pedalboard (yes, wah and all) sent through the effects loop. My pedal board, in chain order, includes a Vox Wah, Boss Metalcore Distortion, Boss Blues Driver, EHX Big Muff Pi, Boss Equalizer and Zoom Multi FX Processor. All pedals use adaptors instead of batteries and I get a similar output volume plugging directly into my amp as compared to running the signal through the pedals on bypass first. So why am I getting such a low output volume? I've tried all the obvious troubleshooting like checking cables, making sure return and send jacks are wired properly and that all volumes along the signal chain are turned up. Help!
On the Supersonic you have seperate Send and Return Level Knobs on the back, you should be able to adjust the volume with them.
If that doesn't work try jumping the effects loop (connecting send and return with one cable), to check if you amp is the problem or your pedalboard.
Quote by richardcharlton
Hey guys,

Hopefully you guys can help me. I recently purchased a Fender 60W SuperSonic amp and love it! Unfortunately, I've encountered an issue when it comes to the effects loop. Although this is my first time owning an amp with an effects loop, I believe I understand the basic principles of it. The problem I'm facing when attempting to use the effects loops versus sending my guitar signal through my pedals and then the amp is that I'm getting a very low output volume. Like VERY low. The ideal way I wanted my rig to be set up was for my guitar to be plugged directly into the amp, set with a light overdrive and my complete pedalboard (yes, wah and all) sent through the effects loop. My pedal board, in chain order, includes a Vox Wah, Boss Metalcore Distortion, Boss Blues Driver, EHX Big Muff Pi, Boss Equalizer and Zoom Multi FX Processor. All pedals use adaptors instead of batteries and I get a similar output volume plugging directly into my amp as compared to running the signal through the pedals on bypass first. So why am I getting such a low output volume? I've tried all the obvious troubleshooting like checking cables, making sure return and send jacks are wired properly and that all volumes along the signal chain are turned up. Help!

Send the wah and all your OD/distortion pedals through the amp input. Send all the time based FX through the loop.

you may need to adjust the levels on the pedals.

Why don't you take all of the pedals out and only add one at a time and see how the levels stay until you find the pedal that is causing this issue.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Hey did you solve your problem? I have the same amp and havent' had that problem. The volume knobs on the effects loop have plenty of gain to drive whatever I have. Some think that placing the boost and overdrives in front of your preamp is best. However the country guys seem to like placing a compressor upfront. Whatever. It really depends on the sound you are after. You can also place pedals way at the end through the poweramp loop (not the speaker output).
Dude, you don't need to necrobump every thread about the Fender SuperSonic...
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not