I am trying to create a cowboy film type of tone but don't seem to be able to quite nail it. My gear is; Mexican HSS Strat, Fender Blues Deville 212, Boss ME-50 multi FX, Digitech Bad Monkey.

The Blues Deville on its own (using bridge humbucker pup) with a bit of spring reverb gets quite close to what I'm after but i'd like to get a little more of a cowboy/western vibe going. I tried using the vibrato effect on the ME-50 but it didn't sound quite right, I'mnot really sure how to best use the vibrato effect.

Has anyone tried to go for this tone? Whats the best way to get there with what I have?

lodgi
What is a cowboy tone? Do you mean country?
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

No he wants that Telecaster with a lot of reverb and delay type of clean tone....like the James Bond theme. Its used in stereotypical western movies.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
He should get a Tele for no other reason than the fact that Telecasters rule.

If I could seriously only own one guitar, it would be a Tele.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by RBM01991
No he wants that Telecaster with a lot of reverb and delay type of clean tone....like the James Bond theme. Its used in stereotypical western movies.

yeah

strat with reverb (and maybe some tremolo; bear in mind that although on fender amps it's labelled "vibrato", you actually want "tremolo" on your multfx unit as fender misnamed it ) should do it

does the MIM have a split on the bridge pickup? if not use the middle pickup.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Apr 23, 2014,