Page 1 of 2
On the hunt for a summer job right now.

Very depressing.
I'm working for the city again this summer, mowing and stuff. Last year I got to dig graves and things but this year I'll be in the park.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Malchius
You live in Indiana and work for Parks and Rec?

Well we don't have a Parks and Recreation department, but it's probably the closest thing.

But yes.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by TheChaz
Nah, I'll just work more hours at my current job.

This.
Sail upon the open skies
My job is only temporary and has about a week left so yeah I'm going to be a bum soon.
I'm looking for a "real" job. You know, 52 weeks a year, $20+/hour kind of thing. (Seriously, $20/hour for my field is on the real light side.) Does that count?
Also, I'm hoping to be promoted to serving at my current job by summer, so I'd be pulling in like 700/week. No need need for a second job then.
Full time, week day, regular hours retail job getting paid relatively well.

I might suck dick for extra spending money on the weekends
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.
Yeah, I will try to get something ASAP.

Im upgrading currently so no full time until July for me. Had to quit previous part time job, was driving me absolutely insane.

Start college in the fall though. Thanks to the co-op program, Im practically guaranteed a job next summer so if I can't get anything this summer Im not going to worry about it.
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
i still got a month left to procrastinate about it. I live in texas so I NEED a car to get from my house to the closest place to work (super market, etc). I'm gonna ask for a car for a graduation/early birthday present.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by eGraham
I'm working for the city again this summer, mowing and stuff. Last year I got to dig graves and things but this year I'll be in the park.

I remember my boss telling me how he wished he could go back to getting stoned and mowing grass. So yr livin the life this summer
Quote by dudester410
I got a summer job with Parks Canada... gonna be dooopppeeee

and really boring, but pays great for a student so cant complain

yeeeee
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I remember my boss telling me how he wished he could go back to getting stoned and mowing grass. So yr livin the life this summer

I probably won't be getting stoned, but I enjoy mowing a lot. Spend 8 hours every weekday out in the sun being a man.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by eGraham
I probably won't be getting stoned, but I enjoy mowing a lot. Spend 8 hours every weekday out in the sun being a man.

That part was implied. It's the whole stress free, just mowing on those drive-y things out in the sun calm
looking at jobboards for whats available when I head back home from school, not at all excited, really just want to study and do research for the thesis I'll be writing next year. hopefully I can get a shit part-time job in my hick one street hometown that won't schedule me thursday through saturday every weekend. doubt it though.
I think I have a full time job lined up for about three months.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I tried summer jobs, was once an O.G. ice cream man that pushed a little cart that had dry ice and cold treats for the kiddies, everything was cool id make almost 100 everyday until some guy pulls over in his frito lay truck Im thinking hey this guy wants ice cream its hotter than satans music out here, but no dude wanted to ask me about the wang meanwhile wanking and i just slowly turned my cart around and quit that same day, so no, no summer jobs for me.
Whats goes around must come down
Quote by ichiefG13
I tried summer jobs, was once an O.G. ice cream man that pushed a little cart that had dry ice and cold treats for the kiddies, everything was cool id make almost 100 everyday until some guy pulls over in his frito lay truck Im thinking hey this guy wants ice cream its hotter than satans music out here, but no dude wanted to ask me about the wang meanwhile wanking and i just slowly turned my cart around and quit that same day, so no, no summer jobs for me.

jesus.... you poor thing. Did he at least ask you what flavors you prefer?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
jesus.... you poor thing. Did he at least ask you what flavors you prefer?

Y'know you'd think he would have the manners to do so but no its was just "hey mang you gotta big dick?"
Whats goes around must come down
Quote by ichiefG13

Wait...so a guy in a Frito lay truck pulled up to you and he asked you about the size of your dick while he was jerking off?
Quote by KingChris90
Summer lovin happend so fast.

Did she put up a fight?

****in greasers and their rape man. I tell ya.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
Quote by ichiefG13

I'm dying.
I just... I can't.
Gonna be interning at a speech therapy clinic and doing some research for my dad and helping with my uni's orientation. All paid which is good because I really just need money to finish my driving lessons
cat
I don't think I've ever actually done a job just for a summer, come to think of it.

And now that I have a career, hopefully I never will.

Quote by Hardlycore
I'm dying.
I just... I can't.

Glad to see tumblr has leaked out and people actually talk like this now.
Last edited by blake1221 at Apr 24, 2014,
Maybe his keyboard can't breath and it's struggling to type, blake.

Every try being considerate for once?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

i'm lookin' for a job for life man. i'm not ****in with no summer jobs
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I tried for a long time but it honestly doesn't do much in the long run, so then it becomes more about masturbation then actual altruism.
Quote by eGraham

Ya, I've been working at golf courses for the past many summers. Such an awesome job, just sit on your ass and get paid. Lots of just sitting around outside doing nothing, and if the weather is nice (which is rare here) I can't believe I actually get paid for it. If I got paid like 50k a year I would do that forever. Now I actually have to look for a real job
If you have a car the best summer job you can get is delivering pizza. Since it's only for the summer you'll most likely only work on the busy days/nights, you're basically getting paid to drive around and listen to music all day.
I'm finished with school in June. I need to start my career asap.
Time to start sending out applications to shitty start up companies.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I'm looking for a "real" job. You know, 52 weeks a year, $20+/hour kind of thing. (Seriously, $20/hour for my field is on the real light side.) Does that count?

I already have this although it's not 52 weeks a year, because you take a holiday.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

look at this nigga trying to brag about a job he aint got yet
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Being as I've been working full time for the past 8 years, I'll probably do that.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by TunerAddict
look at this nigga trying to brag about a job he aint got yet

Sam can't even flex properly
Page 1 of 2