Page 1 of 4
Or did you go to prom when you were a senior/junior in high school?

I think I might go. I have a group of friends who are getting a limo, a fancy restaurant reservation, and we might even go camping in the woods afterwards if the weather is nice. 6 guys, 6 girls, all 18 years old... in the woods... alone. Could be fun

But the tickets are expensive as hell, the restaurant is going to be expensive as hell, and I might not even enjoy it

And last but not least: is it going to be worth it all? Will I look back on this 10 years down the road and say "that was a good time, best night of my teenage life"?

edit:

INB4 "Im too cool for prom. Psshhh, bunch of preppy white kids dancing around like idiots and getting drunk. So lame. I would rather stay home, play guitar, and eat Cheetos, cause i have no friends."
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at Apr 23, 2014,
i am 24 years old
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I went both years. We stayed around and talked, then left. It was nice to go just because but it's kind of dumb to begin with.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
you should definitely go. if it turns out to be the best night of your life when you're 28 years old, you'll have lived a pretty pathetic life.

however, if you don't go, you'll regret it and you'll think that it could've been incredible or whatever
I went as a junior in high school since my main group of friends were all a year older than me. It was worth it because that's when I got my first kiss because I'm a loser

Didn't go my senior year because I got rejected and didn't really care to ask anyone else out. Wish I did in retrospect, but oh well.
I'm not in high school and I'm not an American. I went to my girlfriend's but not my own. I hung out with some friends instead.

If you care enough to make a shitty thread about it you should go. It really isn't a big deal though.
Overrated unless you are a player and cop off with one of the really hot girls.
Also why go camping after when you could check into a hotel?

Bugs n shit compared to champagne and a king size bed possibly with a lady come on m8
Never been, never regretted it.
The school one ended up in a drunken brawl with another school who was in the venue next door, and the 2 college ones were just dead according to the couple of people who went.
Quote by Duffman123
Overrated unless you are a player and cop off with one of the really hot girls. Why go camping after when you could check into a hotel?

Bugs n shit compared to champagne and a king size bed possibly with a lady come on m8

You wanna give me some $$$$$$$ cause I don't got jack to spend lol.

Also: Quality time/experience around the campfire with friends you will probably never see again is, in my opinon, a lot better than getting laid by some random chick in an overpriced hotel room.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)

Quote by SkepsisMetal
Never been, never regretted it.
The school one ended up in a drunken brawl with another school who was in the venue next door, and the 2 college ones were just dead according to the couple of people who went.

They have proms in college?
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
You should go, but you won't look back on it as the best night of your life. At least I would hope not.
Maybe if I want to be on Dateline.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by zackk
You should go, but you won't look back on it as the best night of your life. At least I would hope not.

Haha, I was exaggerating. I meant best night of my highshcool life. But that is seriously what people tell me. "it will be the best night of your life!"
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by angusfan16
any 16 yr old girls wanna hit a fella up ill take ya

where you live itll probably be your cousin

Quote by k.lainad
Haha, I was exaggerating. I meant best night of my highshcool life. But that is seriously what people tell me. "it will be the best night of your life!"

It wasn't even the best night of high school for me. Far from it.

I'm not saying I didn't have fun, because it was loads of fun. And after prom was a lot of fun, too. But don't get yourself hung up on it lol.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Thrashtastic15

where you live itll probably be your cousin

still better then taking my mom
Sail upon the open skies
I did twice. It wasn't really anything special. Certainly not something you'll care about in the future.
take every opportunity you've got. at this age, even nights that start out awkward or boring turn out to be nights that you'd consider to be your best of all time. we're spontaneous.

and at prom, it's such a large stamp of an event that if it's organised and done right, it can be awesome. i hooked up with a really hot girl after mine and the rest of the night was just getting ****ed with my mates, so it was a really notable day and i'll always remember it. it sounds like yours is kinda similar, so remember to go.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I went to prom my junior year of high school. I'm now 25. You do the math.

Now, all you kids get the hell off my lawn!
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I went to prom my junior year of high school. I'm now 25. You do the math.

This guy went to prom AND he has a fiance. Coincidence?
Quote by progdude93
This guy went to prom AND he has a fiance. Coincidence?

I think you're on to something, Watson!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

I don't really see the point of junior prom unless you're dating a senior, or graduating early
¯\_()_/¯
i went to my prom, it was at our baseball stadium in st. louis so it was worth it to go just for that reason. the prom venue/set up was really cool although the actual prom was kind of boring.

but afterwards there was a huge hotel party and me an a couple buddies bought a room by the party so it was one hell of a time
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by jimihendrix6699
i went to my prom, it was at our baseball stadium in st. louis so it was worth it to go just for that reason. the prom venue/set up was really cool although the actual prom was kind of boring.

but afterwards there was a huge hotel party and me an a couple buddies bought a room by the party so it was one hell of a time

ours is gonna be at The House Of Blues. So it's gonna be pretty tight.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

I didn't go to prom. I don't regret it at all.

I went to homecoming though. It was fun at the time but I don't look back at it as being anywhere close to the best nights I've had. I can think of a million different times where I've had much more fun.

Quote by k.lainad

I'm gonna guess it's some of the same people that tell you high school is the best four years of your life.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I never thought of not going to homecoming because I had to. #bandkidproblems
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I meant the homecoming dance not the football game or parade or anything. Unless did they make the band kids go to the dance at your school too?
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I'm a junior and mine was two weeks ago and I did not go. I also don't plan om going senior year because i don't see the point.
Wayne's World! Party Time! Excellent!
Party on Wayne. Party on Garth

Schecter Platinum C-1 Floyd Rose

Quote by Lord_Doku
Friendship and masturbation go a long way towards happiness. Until you have sex, then it's friendship and sex. And an empty wallet.
Quote by iRoseAgainst
I'm a junior and mine was two weeks ago and I did not go. I also don't plan om going senior year because i don't see the point.

The point is to say you at least went one year. Seriously, if nothing else, you'll have a decent experience. Go your senior year already, you nerd!
Quote by iRoseAgainst

Get some ass son
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
The point is to say you at least went one year. Seriously, if nothing else, you'll have a decent experience. Go your senior year already, you nerd!

It's just an expensive dance and dinner! I'll probably go next year anyways if my friends do.

Quote by angusfan16
Get some ass son

Someday... someday...
Wayne's World! Party Time! Excellent!
Party on Wayne. Party on Garth

Schecter Platinum C-1 Floyd Rose

Quote by Lord_Doku
Friendship and masturbation go a long way towards happiness. Until you have sex, then it's friendship and sex. And an empty wallet.
Quote by iRoseAgainst
It's just an expensive dance and dinner! I'll probably go next year anyways if my friends do.

And a chance to work on your social skills, and have fun. Yes...you can have fun and/or work on your social skills for free; but you won't be able to say you went to prom then.

Also, as cheesy as it sounds, finding a creative way to ask a girl to prom is cool. Like, I straight-up walked into a class where one of the girls I was asking happened to be and said, "Note from the office". The "note" was a sort of cheesy "Roses are red" bullshit, but she sure felt special. Put some swagger into your step, throw on a smile, and just ask a few chicks. One of them is bound to say yes.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Apr 23, 2014,
Quote by progdude93

however, if you don't go, you'll regret it and you'll think that it could've been incredible or whatever

Pretty much.

Don't miss out on this shit brah. You'll definitely regret it
ayy lmao
When I was in high school I went to 2 senior proms. Didn't go to junior prom, though.
I didn't go, my prom was on a cruise ship in the San Francisco Bay and I get terrible seasickness and I knew I wasn't going to have a good time if I got sick. It would have been nice to have gone but it doesn't bother me. This was like in 2006 though.
STಠ_ಠ
Quote by captaincrunk
sometimes frats or sororities run them

yeah but they're always called formals. at least around my area
Page 1 of 4