I saw this Strat at a Guitar Center today and it looks beautiful! I've been trying to make a decision on which Strat to buy and I think this is the one. I've read that it scratches and wears easily, which I don't think I'll mind but am curious if anyone has any pics to share. I'd love to know what you guys think of it and if you have modded it at all. Also, if you were to change the pick guard, what would be a good choice?

Here's an image for anyone wondering. http://www.strat-talk.com/forum/attachments/stratocaster-discussion-forum/71541d1370528555-fender-usa-nitro-satin-series-strat-anybody-have-one-strat.jpg [1]
I'd suggest contacting the folks at Wild West guitars in Riverside, CA regarding that guitar.
My Fender Highway 1 Stratocasters have Nitro finishes, and yes; they do scratch and ding easily. It is the nature of the beast.

Try a black pickguard with black pickup covers on that one. It should look pretty good.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I have a nitro finished Custom Shop. It does wear extremely fast, scratches and little dings come pretty quickly.
Marshall 50 Watt Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
Can I see some pics if it's not too much trouble? And yea I was thinking black would look pretty cool, or a pearl white.
Last edited by Megalomaniac_ at Apr 24, 2014,
Quote by Megalomaniac_
Can I see some pics if it's not too much trouble? And yea I was thinking black would look pretty cool, or a pearl white.

This one is not mine, but this Strat has a Nitro finish and the associated dings, dents and scratches:

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
This is mine.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.