Alright so, my band is playing a huge show in a couple weeks with a band from portland named Weed. I've never heard of them but apparently this band has a pretty good following so were trying to nail this show. I had some extra cash laying around because I held onto my tax return for a few months like a good boy and I decided to buy a peavy valveking100 because it sounded far better than the 1980's fender M-80 that I was using. I paired the Peavy Valveking with a RandallRX412 and halfway through practicing our set i lose sound for a few minutes completely, I started to mess with the amp and try to diagnose the problem, I went through all my cables, switched channels, thinking that it was the newly purchase valveking I had just ruined. After awhile the guitar sound started coming through but like extremely thing and just odd sounding and you could barely hear it on like 5. Now I had tried three other heads with my cab and nothing from any of them.

The dillema I am having is, do I need to go to the pawn shop today and search for a different cab. Or is something wrong with the head that caused it to ruin my cab in the first place and should I return the head while I still can.

The Randall Cab says

200 watts continuous
400 watt program
Impedance:8ohms.
This amp also has 4 50 watt jaguar speakers if that helps

I was using the Peavy valveking set at 8ohm output.

Thank you so much, any help is much appreciated
Decepticons everywhere, decepticons everywhere.
Well I'd try the head with a different cab, it'd be odd for an amp to just blow up a cab like that, and those RX cabs blow anyways. I should ask first: are you using a speaker cable to connect everything, or a regular instrument cable?
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I tried the Valveking on a Hughe's and Kettner Warp 7 Cab this morning and everything was fine. And yes, I am using rapco speaker cables to connect my head to my cab.
Also, I looked up the cab that comes with the valveking if you buy them in a combo together and it says that its 400 watts continues, so I'm wondering if maybe I need a cab that is 400 watts continuous? But i don't see how the head would blow the cab if it was 200 watts continuous and the amp is only outputting like 100 watts
Go to Harbor Freight and buy yourself a $10 multimeter. Then learn to use it to test continuity and resistance. Then you can check your cab yourself. Even open it open and isolate the speakers that are burnt out if any.
Quote by YuckFoo
Also, I looked up the cab that comes with the valveking if you buy them in a combo together and it says that its 400 watts continues, so I'm wondering if maybe I need a cab that is 400 watts continuous? But i don't see how the head would blow the cab if it was 200 watts continuous and the amp is only outputting like 100 watts

You don't need a 400 watt cab, really unless you are cranking it hard a 100 watt cab would probably be fine. It sounds like something is borked with the cab, but it might be worth it to have a tech look over the amp (after explaining what happened) to make sure there isn't something strange going on.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I'm debating returning it and picking up a Fender Hot Rod Deville 410. I don't want to get another cab and have it get ****ed up. nor do I want to spend money and having a tech check it out, I just got it yesterday and have three days to return it
I'd return it and get the Deville, a new cab is more money and if the prices are comparable then at least you're getting the whole lot In a combo - i.e. no wattage or impedence to worry about.
Furnder Turlurcurstur '72 Cursturm
A tuner
RAT!@#?1!
Oloctro Hormonox Doloxo Momory Mon
Fenders Deluxes Reverbs.
Fixed this problem! I'm kind of glad I blew the Randall! I sucked it up and returned the Peavey and ended up leaving Guitar Center with a Fender Supersonic 100 and a Fender Cab loaded with V30's. Peavy can suck it