Is it worth it, Ive been readsing that the ATA cases is kind of junky? But what are your experiences?
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
The padding on mine came loose after about a year, and they're slightly bigger inside than the pedalboard is, so it can move around a little bit, but otherwise it's a pretty solid case that's done a good job of taking out a few toes and fracturing my elbow.
I've had my PT2 and hardcase going on about 5 years now, with lots of travel and gig use. So far so good, nothing has come loose or fallen apart in that time, and it's holding up really well (and I throw it around a good bit). I would never buy a pedalboard without a hardcase. The whole point of the case is to offer protection, softcases just protect your stuff from dust. What's the point in spending all that money on pedals just to have them all bite the dust to one accident? Hardcase all the way.
But is it flight worthy?
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
I would trust mine to hold up through air travel. I'm confident it could stand up to any amount of abuse and not come out with damage to the pedals. They are ATA rated cases. I'd definitely throw some locks on it, though I've never traveled with mine on an aircraft, so not sure if they'd end up breaking them to get in and inspect it or not.