hey guys;

ive been trying to get a feel for Anthony Green's song "too little too late" but cant seem to get the right chord progression down. i have the opening part figured out but once he goes into the chords themselves its game over for me.

ive scoured the internet already and cant dig up anything tab related; if anyone can help out id be greatly appreciative!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Ra4xtn5bY
Listening to it and playing it a bit I came up with a good sound. (I'm using standard tuning and I'm pretty sure Anthony is usually half or a full step down though)

The beginning hammer ons I'm using an open string on D and then hammering on the second fret. I'm letting my thumb strum the open G string to give it a bit of a fuller sound.

As for the chords it opens with an Em (x22000)(I think it sounds better for this song with the E string muted) to an E (022100) near the end of strumming E you'll put your finger on the 2nd fret of the D string so its (022200).

From there you just alternate from Am (002210) and C (032010) for the rest of the song.

I'll probably try it at a lower tuning in a bit and see how all those chords sound but in standard tuning it sounds pretty spot on.

So open with Em to E then alternate Am and C for the rest of the song.
Last edited by pjohnson42790 at May 12, 2014,
Quote by pjohnson42790
Listening to it and playing it a bit I came up with a good sound. (I'm using standard tuning and I'm pretty sure Anthony is usually half or a full step down though)

The beginning hammer ons I'm using an open string on D and then hammering on the second fret. I'm letting my thumb strum the open G string to give it a bit of a fuller sound.

As for the chords it opens with an Em (x22000)(I think it sounds better for this song with the E string muted) to an E (022100) near the end of strumming E you'll put your finger on the 2nd fret of the D string so its (022200).

From there you just alternate from Am (002210) and C (032010) for the rest of the song.

I'll probably try it at a lower tuning in a bit and see how all those chords sound but in standard tuning it sounds pretty spot on.

So open with Em to E then alternate Am and C for the rest of the song.

Thanks so much! The beginning hammer on's were easy to figure out but after the Em and Am something just didn't sound right. It could be the way his vocals blended with the guitar. But I think I was missing the C all together. Can't wait to work this progression out. Thanks again! Glad to see I'm not the only AG fan here