hello there, my first anything here, and i needed help, in a couple of days imma about to buy my FIRST guitar (i put emphasis on first as no doubt someone will recommend i save up and get a PRS)

ESP LTD Phoenix-200 vs Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Iv'e done alot of research, as that's the only way i can decide what to get, i know i know i should really get to a store and try out different guitars, however im in a situation and a place where that's not possible at the moment.
the pacifica is £225 (give or take)
the esp is £199 (marked down from £400 on clearance)

from what i can tell they are both pretty good, but the yamaha seems the safer bet, as i found more testimonials on it but i was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Phoenix 200, or ESP in general. thanks in advance.
Last edited by bayernsa at Apr 24, 2014,
Personally, I would choose the ESP. ESP is a well known name in metal, and makes some really good guitars. I have an ESP guitar and an ESP bass and love them both. Besides, the ESP is the cheaper of the two, and the build quality of the LTD guitars is pretty much the same as the high end ESP guitars.

Ultimately, the decision should come down to which one you like better, and would be best if you could get to a store and try them both.
Gear:

ESP EC-50
ESP FB-204

MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR EVH Phase 90
MXR Analog Chorus

"Music is the strongest form of magic." - Marilyn Manson
Quote by bayernsa
hello there, my first anything here, and i needed help, in a couple of days imma about to buy my FIRST guitar (i put emphasis on first as no doubt someone will recommend i save up and get a PRS)

ESP LTD Phoenix-200 vs Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Iv'e done alot of research, as that's the only way i can decide what to get, i know i know i should really get to a store and try out different guitars, however im in a situation and a place where that's not possible at the moment.
the pacifica is £225 (give or take)
the esp is £199 (marked down from £400 on clearance)

from what i can tell they are both pretty good, but the yamaha seems the safer bet, as i found more testimonials on it but i was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Phoenix 200, or ESP in general. thanks in advance.

Pacifica all the way. They are made from great materials, are extremely versatile and you can easily mod or upgrade it further down the line. But then I hate metal so...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Two Piece band's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TerrorpinBand

I just like to imagine that my neighbors enjoy their free, nightly concerts.
I have a Pacifica and it's my 'first' guitar. I used to play with my younger brother's guitar but it was a really bad and cheap one and it was broken so... And I have to say that I love my Pacifica, it's really comfortable to play with, I find it sounds good and the pick up configuration is pretty nice too. Though I did pay a lot less then the price you wrote... I paid that for the guitar, a strap, amp, picks, and a guitar bag. But, I did get a good deal on it.