I have a Vox VT30 amp and i wish for a better hi-gain sound, so I googled a bit and Wampler's Triple Wreck caught my attention. Luckily I found a second-hand one (first version) on a local advertisement site at a price of 200 euros (I'm from Serbia and I can't find Wamplers in the stores here). I'm wondering, how much will my amp affect the awesomeness coming from the pedal if I find a satisfactory clean? Also thought buying it would be a good idea 'cause I have a metal band, so whenever I have a gig I can bring the pedal with me and I should have an awesome tone...

Help pweease
Isn't a triple wreck worth about as much as (if not more than) a vt30?
I don't think it would be ideal anyway, modeling amps tend not to like pedals that much.

If you're willing to spend that money for a pedal, I'd rather save up a bit more and get a jet city from thomann.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
I don't think it would be ideal anyway, modeling amps tend not to like pedals that much.

If you're willing to spend that money for a pedal, I'd rather save up a bit more and get a jet city from thomann.

+1 Amps before pedals for tone.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by Spambot_2

+2. Makes me think of the kids in my neighborhood who put $1200 rims on their '87 Camry.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
+2. Makes me think of the kids in my neighborhood who put $1200 rims on their '87 Camry.

+3.11

LOL on the rims

That pedal may be awesome but I'm not sure it will sound good through a VT30.

If you are gigging you need a proper amp. I realize you are on a budget but see if you can find a Peavey Vypyr Tube 60. Thing kills for $250 - $350 used. Put it on the Diezel or Recto red channel with the pre and post gain around 1 oclock and holy shat batman the thing is br00talz.

Otherwise a used Peavey 6505+, XXX, JSX, VTM, Ultra would work.
Quote by Spambot_2

Lol, didn't think about that! I guess i'll save a bit more money then... I also have a shitty Squier Deluxe w Hot Rails and don't know where to start with replacing my gear lol

Thank you guys, I'll certainly consider your suggestions
Quote by j3z0m374l
I also have a shitty Squier Deluxe w Hot Rails and don't know where to start with replacing my gear lol

Does the Squier feel comfortable to play? If it feels good to you, upgrade the amp first.
You should only upgrade the guitar first if it you really feel no joy at all playing it. The amp will have a huge impact in tone (I'd say about 85% is amp, 15% is guitar; if you use pedals, it's more like 80% amp, 15% pedals, 5% guitar).

Why do you say the Squier is shitty? The Squier Deluxes I've used were all pretty good guitars.

On a side note, the Vox VT is a modelling amp, and modelling amps don't always take pedals well. You should try the pedals you consider buying through your modelling amp first to make sure they sound the way you expect them.
(And while this is true for every case -- if possible, you should always try before you buy any piece of equipment -- I feel safer to buy an effects pedal without testing it if I'm going to use it with a solid state or tube amp, since they usually take pedals perfectly.)
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Well sometimes it happens that my guitar keeps me away from playing because i get annoyed by the buzzing of certain frets, not so low action and stuff like that... Also the notes I play on the higher fret register sound kinda thin and not so good (you know, weak sustain, a bit buzzy...). I guess I got used to that so I don't pay much attention... I've tried setting it up but, meh, no success. But I mean, it's not that bad, I'd say you'd expect that from a low-budget guitar...
And sometimes I get annoyed by the tones i get from the VT lol

I'm so all over the place, don't know where to start with replacing my gear :'(
what type of tones are you after? you can get jet cities from thomann for not much more than the price of those wamplers, and that's where i'd start looking (bear in mind not all the jet cities are high gain, their model codes are a bit confusing if you don't understand them so don't just run out and buy a random jet city).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?