Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a volume pedal:

-$50 to $150.
-Doesn't suck tone.
-Well built and resilient.
-Great for doing "ambient volume swells". (This is my primary objective.)
-Relatively small (although this isn't a requirement, just a preference.)

I've been researching all over the web but can't decide simply because they all have their share of complaints.. The EB Jnr breaks easily, the Dunlop DVP1 sucks high end away.. etc. and I can't find that many in-depth customer reviews that answer all my questions in terms of my personal requirements.

So to prevent my sanity from further deteriorating, are there and recommendations on what would be the best overall volume pedal and why. Particularly in regard to working with delay and reverberation pedals.

Also, I've been reading a lot about "buffers" being used to preserve tone in the volume pedal. Just going by context clues (not sure exactly what "buffers" entail), would that mean putting something like an MXR Micro Amp BEFORE the volume pedal preserve the tone throughout the rest of the pedal chain?

Thanks for everyone's input in advance, its greatly appreciated

EDIT: This just in... anybody have any opinions on the visual sound visual volume pedal???
Last edited by fender5476 at Apr 24, 2014,
Maybe check out the Mission volume pedal? They have one with a buffer and an internal dip switch for higher or lower impedance, iirc. Take a look at their website, www.missionengineering.com
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by AWACS
Maybe check out the Mission volume pedal? They have one with a buffer and an internal dip switch for higher or lower impedance, iirc. Take a look at their website, www.missionengineering.com

Wow thanks for sharing!! I've been doing some reading and no one seems to have a bad thing to say about the VM-Pro! Thanks a lot, this might be the go-to pedal.
You can find a used Hilton for around $150 or maybe a tad more.
They, and Goodrich, get knocks for having to have the pots replaced.
HOWEVER, that's among steel-players where you are sweeping the the pedal 300-500+ times a day.

But the Mission is good, too.
Awesome!